• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip Review Mossberg

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Talon Shotgun Rear Pistol Grip for 12 GA Mossberg Shotguns

The NEW Talon Shotgun Rear Pistol Grip features the Triton Mount System and the Scorpion Recoil Pistol Grip.

* Scorpion Recoil System
o Recoil impact is absorbed - Shooting anything from a 3.5” magnum turkey load to a door breaching load can now be done with no pain being transferred to the shooter
o Reduces the challenge to reacquire the target by minimizing the muzzle lift
o Not affected by chemicals, load size or extreme temperatures
o Eliminates the punch of the recoil
o Removes limitations from spring and piston type recoil suppression systems
o Absorbs the energy wave regardless of the load size which makes it perfect for any type of Firearm
* Triton Mount System
o Constructed of Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
o Securely fasten your ATI Tactical Stock or Rear Pistol Grip with No Specialized Tools
o Angled, Self-Aligning Dovetail Locking System for easy, secure installation
o Interchangeable Sling Mount locations for left- and right-handed shooters
o Additional Spacer for when sling mounts are not in use
o Eliminates the Need for Extra Adapters
o DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer
* Manufactured in the USA
* Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fits: 12 Gauge Mossberg 500*/535/590/835 & Maverick 88.

317.jpg

ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh0DtiCi5pc[/youtube]

ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip Review Mossberg

p101711795-4.jpg

p67441752-4.jpg

First Impression: ATI products are packaged as if Apple was now selling firearms products :ugeek: ! The attention to detail in the packaging is carried right through to the products. These are not the same ATI products that left many owners previously disappointed. I know because I owned the first generation ATI collapsible stock and the top folding stock. The improvements are tremendous. The new scorpion recoil system has a great feel to it and the redesigned grip is extremely ergonomic. I have to admit it is one of the best feeling grips available for the Mossberg 500. The bottom of the grip where the scorpion recoil system attaches is my only gripe that I have with this ATI product. Functionally it is excellent but there is a gap that goes around where it meets the polymer. Now this is not a big deal at all and even with my OCD it would not stop me from purchasing this stock. I just wanted to mention it because I really couldn't find any other faults. It is all the the little things like having bolts with lock-tight already on the threads that make you realize a lot of thought was put into producing this product. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this stock.

Installation: ATI provides very clear instructions with lots of pictures to help guide you through the install. For some it can be a bit intimidating if its your first time modifying a shotgun but the instructions make it much easier to accomplish. All in all it was a very simple installation that required nothing more than a screw driver and some allen keys.

Use: The ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip is :twisted: :twisted: . I have to admit I was extremely doubtful that the Scorpion Recoil System would effectively reduce recoil. My doubts quickly disappeared after shooting some bird shot down range. Reason being is that I have tested several pistol grips and the ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip was the most forgiving on the wrist when it came to bird shot. Some of the other pistol grips like the BlackHawk version do a great job reducing recoil when it comes to the heavy loads such as buck shot and slugs but are no different than a basic pistol grip when it comes to shooting lighter loads such as bird shot. When I moved on to shooting the heavy loads such as buck shot and slugs I was again impressed by the reduction in felt recoil by this pistol grip. I shot over 100 rounds in one afternoon with the ATI Scorpion Recoil System Pistol Grip and my wrist felt great the next day (and this is with shooting a lot of one handed slugs).
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I definitely love mine. I wouldn't be using a pistol grip, if I had to always shoot with the original one in place. The webbing between my thumb and pointer finger is much happier now. :) Take care. Tom Worthington.

I am glad to hear you are enjoying yours. It's a great pistol grip.

Back