• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Tactical Shotgun Six Position Side Folding Stock Review

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
ATI Tactical Shotgun Six Position Side Folding Stock Review

http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-321-tacti ... -grip.aspx

321_1_.jpg

321_2_.jpg

NEW Scorpion Buttpad & Recoil Pistol Grip – Absorbs recoil energy
Recoil impact is absorbed – shooting anything from a 3.5” magnum turkey load to a door breaching load can now be done with no pain being transferred to the shooter
Reduces the challenge to reacquire the target by minimizing the muzzle lift
Scorpion Recoil System is not affected by chemicals, load size or extreme temperatures
Removes limitations from spring and piston type recoil suppression system
NEW 3M Industrial Grade self-adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad
NEW 3M Industrial Grade self-adhesive Tactical Shotgun Pad Provides extra comfort when shooting while reducing wear on shooter
Tactical Shotgun Forend
Rail locations at 90° around the Circumference of the Forend
Two 2” Picatiny Rails
One 1” Swivel Stud Picatiny Rails
6 Position Collapsible Side Folding Buttstock
Buttstock Folds to Left Side of Receiver
May be Fired from Folded Position
Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest (3/8”)
6° Drop Tube Adapter for Recoil Comfort
DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer Stock
Manufactured in the USA
Limited Lifetime Warranty

Every Shotgun Pistol Grip includes Mounting Hardware and Adapter Kit which allows installation to:

Mossberg* 500/535/590/835, 12 Gauge
Winchester 1200/1300, 12 Gauge
Remington 870, 12 Gauge

*The forend included in this package is only compatible to Mossberg Shotguns with a removable forend, any Mossberg Shotgun newer than 2006 should be checked to insure that it has a removable forend.

Note: Some Minor Modification may be Required.

p143084864-4.jpg

p5528628-4.jpg

p5746894-4.jpg

p25730201-4.jpg

p388658631-4.jpg

p42707672-4.jpg

p286723896-4.jpg

Re: ATI Tactical Shotgun Six Position Side Folding Stock Rev

I like these grips and I also like that it can use the cheek riser!

I am really liking this ATI stock!

I debated between the folding and fixed when I bought mine, ended up getting the fixed. Both are great choices though! I'm awaiting some parts from ATI, but when they get here I may have a full length bottom rail for these in the works.

You'll have to let us know how that release button area works for you. John posted that his ATI AK folding stock would catch him in the face if he was on the move while shooting.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
You'll have to let us know how that release button area works for you. John posted that his ATI AK folding stock would catch him in the face if he was on the move while shooting.

I shoot the AK like I do the AR with it snug up to my shoulder.

Nose to charging handle style.

I could maybe extend the stock out another notch, but I really don't want to. That seems to make the gun a bit uncomfortable and a little off balance to me.

With the higher power 12 gauge loads, I do recommend being careful the first shot or two.

Does anybody know where I can find a 20 gauge shotshell holder for the ATI-TSG0200? There are plenty available for the 12 gauge but I'll be darned if I can find anything for my wife's 20 gauge. Here's a picture of it, it's similar to the one listed here but not quite the same. Thanks all Paul

Attachments

• Mossberg 50450 ATI tactical folding stock-1.jpg
    Mossberg 50450 ATI tactical folding stock-1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 5,397

in the folded position if you have a shell side saddle on there would it interfere with it folding completely ?

The stock folds left.

I installed the side saddle on the right side of the stock *looking down at it from the rear*

I am also right handed, so it works out perfect for a right handed person.

It wouldn't work for a southpaw.

mossy500vertright.jpg

disclaimer: I know that isn't a folding stock in that particular pic, but it's still the correct answer and was all I had to show for example. ;)

i was meaning the the shell holder that attaches to the left side of the receiver .

There isn't enough room there Midwest Freak (roughly .7") - Here is a picture for you.

Attachments

• 20120816_133802.jpg
    20120816_133802.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 4,117

thanks for the top view that answers my question , looks like i will get non folding one .

Themajickman said:
Does anybody know where I can find a 20 gauge shotshell holder for the ATI-TSG0200? There are plenty available for the 12 gauge but I'll be darned if I can find anything for my wife's 20 gauge. Here's a picture of it, it's similar to the one listed here but not quite the same. Thanks all Paul

Howdy Paul, and welcome to the club....
do you have pix you'd like to share of that 20g? I know i'd like to see em....

My ATI side-folder arrived yesterday, and it came with ATI's 61.0018.01 Drop Tube ADAPTER in the package. I also bought a (ATI brand) MRW4500 Drop Tube SPACER separately, so I now have questions.

1) The biggest difference seems to be that the ADAPTER will make the gun over an inch longer than the SPACER will (in the unfolded position). Is that correct, and are there any other differences in capabilities/limitations of either part?

2) Is there any reason to use both the ADAPTER and the SPACER on my Mossberg 500 Chainsaw? Seems like doing so would double the drop angle of the stock - is that desirable?

3) My side-folder didn't come with an ATI foreend (slide). The Chainsaw foreend limits how far the stock can be extended when it's in the folded position, but that's not a problem for me because I use the first notch away from the shortest. Nevertheless, is eliminating butt-pad-to-foreend interference for those who prefer a longer length of pull the only reason for the ATI foreend's existence?

Thanks.

1) Yes, they will both fit on most shotguns. The 61.0018.01 Drop Tube Adapter is the preferred way to drop the buttstock on the side-folding stock. The MRW4500 will also work but this will tilt the complete buttstock back so that the pistol grip could touch and apply pressure to the trigger guard. This is generally not wanted and we do not recommend this.

2) Using both would double the drop on the back of the buttstock. This is OK and won’t harm anything, but you may still have the problem of the pistol grip contacting the trigger guard.

3) We offer 5 different style forends for the Mossberg shotguns so customers can customize their shotgun to the look and feel that they like.

Back