• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shotguns

Re: ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shot

I havn't got a chance to shoot mine yet, but I love the feel of it in my hands. I got a 3 day vacation this weekend so maybe I'll get out and shoot her.

What is the difference between

MSRP: $99.99 Part #: A.1.10.1140
and
MSRP: $134.99 Part #: A.1.10.1195

At a quick glance I don't see one. wil have to look again with greater detail later unless someone can point it out.

Ripsnortr- The Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock (Mossberg) Part# A.1.10.1140 package comes with the Triton Mounts and the 6 Position Stock with Scorpion Pistol Grip and Buttpad.

The Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock System (Mossberg) Part#A.1.10.1195 package comes with the Triton Mounts, 6 Position Stock with Scorpion Pistol Grip and Buttpad and also comes with the Scorpion Pistol Grip Stock. The Stock System allows you to change from the Pistol Grip Stock to the 6 Position Stock all in one package.

DHonovich said:
Is it the back of the grip that you don't like?
The part that I have the issue with,is the rubber seperates from the plastic and I am afraid of it ripping off . Thats all its a grip I like it

ATIgunstocksUSA said:
Ripsnortr- The Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock (Mossberg) Part# A.1.10.1140 package comes with the Triton Mounts and the 6 Position Stock with Scorpion Pistol Grip and Buttpad.

The Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock System (Mossberg) Part#A.1.10.1195 package comes with the Triton Mounts, 6 Position Stock with Scorpion Pistol Grip and Buttpad and also comes with the Scorpion Pistol Grip Stock. The Stock System allows you to change from the Pistol Grip Stock to the 6 Position Stock all in one package.

Seriously I just read this and atemped to convert this to a pistol grip and its now ruined ....all the holes where screws go are now stripped on the inside . Simple 2 min deal....i dont think so I thought this was was a great product but,now I feel let down by the poor matterials . Whats going to happen if I need my shot gun tonight? Well with out a grip I might not be around to tell you! This product needs to go back to the r&d room for a revamp. This is a police and military product I would hate to be the guy who had his grip break off because of the two cheap screws and cheap plastic failed . I am going to have to give this product a 1of 5

Update .......silver screw that holds the sling plate spacer justs keeps spining....will not come out ...great .i have fixed the plastic threads that stripped out ....looks like no sling mount for my 500 . :evil: [youtube][/youtube] this does not look good for future buys .

Sounds like you over tightened the screws. No offense, but there is a warning about only tightening it 1/4 turn past hand tight. Then again you could of gotten a defective one, but I've tore mine down at least 10 times and have no issues with it. Wish you the best of luck in resolving the issue though.

I dont care for plastic inserts in a case such as that.

Nope as I was removing the grip I noticed plastic came out with the screw ...... And I reassembled it with the upmost care I have fixed the crap threads with a pice of plastic zip lock bag ....kinda like a rethread. And for now its holding but I really think for a cool hundo that the stock should reflect the price ...and as for the drop plate it is not coming out im going to try to send it back lets see how the ATI customer service dept handles this problem

Have sent ATI a message on the forum here? They are a vendor on the site and certainly stand behind their products.

ernestrincon said:
Nope as I was removing the grip I noticed plastic came out with the screw ...... And I reassembled it with the upmost care I have fixed the crap threads with a pice of plastic zip lock bag ....kinda like a rethread. And for now its holding but I really think for a cool hundo that the stock should reflect the price ...and as for the drop plate it is not coming out im going to try to send it back lets see how the ATI customer service dept handles this problem

You can PM them here, I am certain they'll take care of you!

Enerstrincon-I sent you a PM, please check and get back to us.

How does the Scorpion recoil buttpad differ from the 1st generation ATI tactical stock's?
Does it reduce felt recoil better than the 1st ?
Is it made from same material ?
I am thinking about replacing the one on my 1st gen. tactical stock.

It is a night and day difference. The pad is made from a different material and I would highly suggest upgrading if you are thinking about it.

Sweet, because I am thinking about it. For around $20 I think it would be good for my situation(tight budget) the other option I was considering is the Snap on Limbsaver at $ 35-ish... And from what I hear Limbsaver/Sims vibe lab knows what their doing, problem is in order to get the scorpion pad on I would need a 1/4" drill+bit which I don't have!

Re: Re: ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg

Texas_Made said:
Sweet, because I am thinking about it. For around $20 I think it would be good for my situation(tight budget) the other option I was considering is the Snap on Limbsaver at $ 35-ish... And from what I hear Limbsaver/Sims vibe lab knows what their doing, problem is in order to get the scorpion pad on I would need a 1/4" drill+bit which I don't have!

I have the limb saver universal slip on butt pad for m4 stocks. The new butt pad is attached via allen screws which can be removed and then the butt padd and metal plate removed. At which time you can use a flat head screw driver as a shoe horn to put the snap on limb saver on there.

Sent with Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

I've been reading the reviews on this stock and the Knoxx Blackhawk gen 2 and I had a question. One of the reviews for the ATI stock said that the shell holder could not be installed when using the cheek guard. I was wondering if anybody who has this has found a workaround or if only one particular shell holder is incompatible? If you are using the cheek guard and a shell holder, which one is compatible?

Sorry to awaken a pretty old thread but figured I should post on here before I make a new thread. Thanks in advance!

Also, does the aluminum upgrade package really make a difference?

Back