• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shotguns

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shotguns
with Aluminum Upgrade Package, Scorpion Buttpad and Recoil Grip

http://www.atigunstocks.com/p-311-talon ... sberg.aspx

312.jpg

* NEW Scorpion Buttpad & Recoil Pistol Grip – Absorbs recoil energy
o Recoil impact is absorbed – shooting anything from a 3.5” magnum turkey load to a door breaching load can now be done with no pain being transferred to the shooter
o Reduces the challenge to reacquire the target by minimizing the muzzle lift
o Scorpion Recoil System is not affected by chemicals, load size or extreme temperatures
o Removes limitations from spring and piston type recoil suppression system
* NEW Talon Mount System
o Constructed of Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum
o Securely Fasten Your ATI Tactical Stock or Rear Pistol Grip with No Specialized Tools
o Angled, Self-Aligning Dovetail Locking System for easy, secure installation
o Interchangeable Sling Mount Locations for Left- and Right-Handed Shooters
o Additional Spacer for when Sling Mount is not in use
* 6 Position Collapsible Buttstock
* Military Type III Anodized, 6061 T6 Aluminum Buffer Tube
* Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest (3/8”)
* Textured Pistol Grip
* NEW 3M Industrial Grade self-adhesive Soft Touch Cheekrest Pad
* NEW 3M Industrial Grade self-adhesive Tactical Shotgun Pad Provides extra comfort when shooting while reducing wear on shooter
* 6° Drop Tube Adapter for Recoil Comfort
* Three 2” Picatinny Rails
* DuPont® Extreme Temperature Glass Reinforced Polymer Stock
* Manufactured in the USA
* Limited Lifetime Warranty

Fits: Fits most 12 GA Mossberg 500/535/590/835 and Maverick 88.

Re: Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shotguns

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A2TY_TqpkM[/youtube]

Re: ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock for 12 GA Mossberg Shot

p115304572-4.jpg

p318930804-4.jpg

Thats a good lookin grip, and I like the cheek riser!

The grip certainly had a much better feel than ATI's previous model!

ATI Talon Tactical Shotgun Stock For 12ga Mossberg Shotguns
p69978690-4.jpg

p81956362-4.jpg

Scorpion Pistol Grip Recoil System
p341069902-4.jpg

p413935303-4.jpg

p459267561-4.jpg

Scorpion Buttpad Recoil System
p320102155-4.jpg

p149133603-4.jpg

p296184778-4.jpg

p339674561-4.jpg

p301774535-4.jpg

p139758780-4.jpg

p401324897-4.jpg

p495800716-4.jpg

p66324458-4.jpg

Swivel Mount
p147363480-4.jpg

Removable/Adjustable Cheekrest
p430930656-4.jpg

p371523118-4.jpg

p83912337-4.jpg

Spacer
p95843594-4.jpg

Old ATI Unit Vs New ATI Unit
p165782756-4.jpg

First Impression: ATI products are packaged as if Apple was now selling firearms products :ugeek: ! The attention to detail in the packaging is carried right through to the products. These are not the same ATI products that left many owners previously disappointed. I know because I owned the first generation ATI collapsible stock and the top folding stock. The improvements are tremendous. The new scorpion recoil system has a great feel to it and the redesigned grip is extremely ergonomic. I have to admit it is one of the best feeling grips available for the Mossberg 500. The bottom of the grip where the scorpion recoil system attaches is my only gripe that I have with this ATI product. Functionally it is excellent but there is a gap that goes around where it meets the polymer. Now this is not a big deal at all and even with my OCD it would not stop me from purchasing this stock. I just wanted to mention it because I really couldn't find any other faults. It is all the the little things like having bolts with lock-tight already on the threads that make you realize a lot of thought was put into producing this product. Overall I am very impressed with the quality of this stock.

Installation: ATI provides very clear instructions with lots of pictures to help guide you through the install. For some it can be a bit intimidating if its your first time modifying a shotgun but the instructions make it much easier to accomplish. All in all it was a very simple installation that required nothing more than a screw driver and some allen keys.

Use: The ATI Talon Tactical Stock gets the job done! If you are looking for a collapsible stock for your Mossberg 500 or 590 then I highly suggest you consider the ATI Talon Tactical Stock. I have used and abused this stock to no end with my Mossberg 500 and it just keeps on going. The first generation ATI collapsible stock could not have taken the abuse that this second generation has. The ATI Talon Tactical stock has so many features that make it very comfortable to use; from the butt pad that is firm yet still does a great job reducing felt recoil, to the multiple locations to mount slings to, to the pistol grip that is extremely ergonomic and adds additional reduction in felt recoil with the scorpion system, to the 6 position collapsible stock which allows for perfect length of pull, to the adjustable cheek riser that ensures a perfect cheek weld. A major benefit of the ATI Talon Tactical stock is that it effectively reducing felt recoil with the heavy loads, like some of the other stocks on the market, but it also does a great job reducing felt recoil in the light loads. This is something unique to this system because a lot of the other stocks rely on spring systems which work well with the heavy loads but often do very little when it comes to the light loads. Another bonus of this ATI system is that you can quickly switch from a 6 position collapsible stock to a pistol grip to a side folding stock with the removal and installation of one torx bolt.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Looks good thus far!

It is certainly an improvement from the 1st generation ATI collapsible stock.

How's the talon compare to the kicklite? Do you know which one has a better recoil? It's looks pretty good but then again, it's ATI...... spy

I am going to be thoroughly testing several stocks this weekend. I will have a better idea how they compare after I do so.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1dd_-W9yE8[/youtube]

Hows this one fairing right now?

So far it is definitely a MAJOR improvement over the first generation ATI collapsible shotgun stock. I have not had enough time shooting it to do a full review yet though.

Review updated!

Can the adjustable part of this stock be easily removed so I can use only the pistol grip?

If you buy the combo package that comes with the adjustable stock and the pistol grip it takes less than 2 minutes to swap out via one torx set screw.

The stock is solid but the grip is ok .grip could have been better .....i like how the but pad is some what sticky to the slide of a finger......itsgreat at the range ....i would buy another in desert tan...

Is it the back of the grip that you don't like?

Its terrible isn't it :)

Back