• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATN X-Sight 3-12x Scope

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I just received my new ATN X-Sight that I picked up during a SHOT show special at Primary Arms.

For those that are not familiar with this sight it is a day/night vision digital sight. It is essentially a HD video camera with a crosshair imposed on the image.

My main interest in it was the ability to use it in all light/dark conditions and the ability to record my shots.

Here's a link to the ATN web sight: http://www.atncorp.com/x-sight-night-vision-rifle-scope-3-12x For specs. After reading John A.'s review of the 5-18x model I decided on the 3-13x variant..

This things is so complex this review will be an ongoing work. It's going to take some time to learn all there is to learn about this thing.

Unboxing:

ATN_X-Sight_008_zpsstkuyixz.jpg

ATN_X-Sight_009_zpsgrx3zhgl.jpg

The scope comes with a nice carrying case. It can be used as a stand alone scope of a rifle scope.

ATN_X-Sight_001_zpsf88gbxbu.jpg

All of the controlls are located on top. The menu and setting appear on the screen within the viewfinder.

ATN_X-Sight_002_zpsujwt71ih.jpg

ATN_X-Sight_010_zpsgmlawe32.jpg

The large knob is the battery compartment. The smaller covers the HDMI port, SD cart slot and the USB plug, which can also be used to attach an external power supply.

ATN_X-Sight_003_zpsavbwy4t0.jpg

Accessort rail which can be used to attach the included IR illuminator, etc.

ATN_X-Sight_004_zps4sdkbrxo.jpg

ATN_X-Sight_005_zpsmcclhkoq.jpg

This is the included IR illuminator

ATN_X-Sight_006_zpsqcfa3uva.jpg

ATN_X-Sight_011_zpsbh6gkclf.jpg

Scope with Illuminator attached and sun shield installed. The scope comes with a nice alum sun.glare shield tube.

ATN_X-Sight_007_zpsek9wjn1m.jpg

This is the scope next to my Yukon Gen 1 Scope for size comparison.

Honestly this is about as far as I have gotten so far. I did power it up just to make sure it booted and tested out the day/night modes. It seemed to work fine.

Sorry to leave it hanging but as I said this will be a work in progress.

Looking forward to hearing your review and assessment of it.

I think I like it better without the sunshade.

And you can also remove the rubber eyepiece. I did because wearing glasses, it just is bothersome.

I powered it up last night and tried it out in the back yard.

So far on my rechargable batteries I can only use it a few minutes before the low battery indicator starts flashing. Another set would not even power up the unit and these came striaight out of the charger.

With alkalines it not much better, but I did have any "new" batteries. Based on other reviews I knew it was going to be a hog but not this bad. Ill pick up up some lithiums and give it a shot. I still have not updated the firmware so that could be an issue as well.

It worked well in the yard. The illuminator worked fine out to around 40 yards. Maybe more, I did not play with the full range of power settings or scope light sensitivity settings.

Back