• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Attention Canadian members

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I don't like to put a lot of confidence in huffpo articles, but you guys may want to read it anyway in case there is any truth to it.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/05/09/tony-clement-secret-plan-firearms-ban_a_23723860/

Ecerpt:
Tony Clement raised the issue in question period Thursday. Border Security Minister Bill Blair, who was tapped last summer to examine the possibility of a full ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada after a deadly shooting in Toronto, did not dismiss the question out of hand.
Clement told the House of Commons he had been told "on good authority" that a ban of some kind will come by cabinet directive, rather than legislation to be debated in the final weeks of Parliament. He did not specify which types of firearms he
The prime minister plans to announce this gun ban at the Women Deliver conference held in early June in Vancouver, where New Zealand prime minister (Jacinda) Ardern will also attend," he said. "Can the prime minister confirm or deny this zero accountability secret plan?"
Blair responded on behalf of Trudeau, who was not in the House. He said the government is committed to "taking all the measures that are effective in keeping Canadians safe," something he called the greatest responsibility of any level of government.
"And we are prepared to consider whatever measures would be effective in doing so," said the former Toronto police chief.

I saw this several places earlier. If you watch the video the response was not very encouraging. Stay vigilant Canadien brothers.

Sorry guys, I've not been around much lately and yeah it's valid. It's been all over the "firearm news" here which means not much play on the mainstream news. And the response from Liberal MP Bill Blair certainly wasn't a denial. I'd still be surprised if they spring this on us through an order in cabinet, Trudeau has a big image problem and there's so little time left before the October election. However, I did see an article today on the CBC (government broadcaster) that was back to espousing bogus crime figures again. Numbers that have been debunked over and over this last year and they keep trotting out the same lies. The short version...50% of handguns used in crime in Canada are sourced and traced back to legitimate purchases by licensed owners. Sooooooo much crap. 50%???? Seriously, anyone who believes that is a complete and total idiot.

But these are the same idiots who gave Trudeau a majority mandate last election so I guess there's that....................

They should accuse and prosecute the 100% of people who do wrong with guns.

And that's not including people who are protecting themselves. Those are the people they should be giving awards to.

Canada has some screwed up laws where self defense is concerned.

They should accuse and prosecute the 100% of people who do wrong with guns.

And that's not including people who are protecting themselves. Those are the people they should be giving awards to.

Canada has some screwed up laws where self defense is concerned.
You got that right my man! The firearms communities on both sides of the border have been hollering for tougher sentences for criminals who use firearms for decades. And yet nothing changes except more calls for legal guns to be confiscated from law abiding citizens.

Self defence laws? Hah! Truly a bizarre tale that is in this country. My only solace is in recent years there have been a number cases that went to trial and resulted in acquittals. Encouraging but far from comforting.

Thanks for posting this up John!

Back