• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATTN: Cartridge Stopper QC Issue for Pump Actions (FTF)

When i got my 590 A1 used it had the same issue. The shell stop is tempered spring steel so it's difficult to bend precisely. It's better to buy a new part for $13 from Numrich Gun Parts and have a reliable fix. They have many parts that Mossberg doesn't have.

Based on several complaints, including myself, it seems there may be a QC issue relating to Mossberg's Cartridge Stopper which is causing a specific operation failure - Failure To Feed (FTF) from the magazine tube upon racking the slide.

ISSUE IS A FOLLOWS:

Seems the Cartridge Stopper is bent too far during production.

CAUSATION OF ISSUE:

Because the Cartridge Stopper is bent too far the action slide rod is going behind the Cartridge Stopper instead of infront of it. It MUST go infront of it in order to cause the shell to eject from the magazine tube.

CORRECTION OF ISSUE:

Take the Cartridge Stopper out of the receiver and bend it in the opposite direction in an effort to make it straighter. This will take some effort so dont be afraid to put some gradual and consistent pressure.

Place the Cartridge Stopper back into the receiver and try and cycle dummy rounds until you get consistent ejection results.

Repeat this step as many times as necessary.

IF LEFT UNCORRECTED:

You will wear down the Cartridge Stopper and the Action Slide Rod which will cause you to replace both items at a cost of approximately $60.

See my post for examples of excessive wear at the 400 round mark:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4174
yeah it's crazy couldn't get mine to load at all took apart had a 12 1/2 inch dowel in it and had to straighten the end of the cartridge stopper just a little bit

Back