• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

ATTN: Cartridge Stopper QC Issue for Pump Actions (FTF)

I'll run some rounds through this 590 and if reliable, I'll keep her. If not, it will be Benelli Nova or M4 time...

Holly Molly, where to start..

Fedex just left and I opened the shipping box to find a new forend slide assembly and a cartridge stop. Not the cartridge interrupter I needed, but a cartridge stop. Oh, Sweet Jesus; what is going on at Mossgerg?

sucks man, I was trying to save you from dealing with them...good idea getting another one. At least you aren't depending on the part like you said.
The company's CS is in need active management....from active managers. If they had that , training to make them familiar with the products, not experts but familiar with general function and parts....

oli, your fix worked like a charm, thanks again. Not impressed with Mossberg, though. They aren't going to get my email until Monday. I'll keep everybody posted as this is getting interesting. I wonder what they will send me next? :)

Joseph emailed me on the 13th that he is shipping a shell interrupter, finally... It's been a month and a half.

Got the cartridge interrupter Thursday 11/20. Now with almost all new parts, nearly two months after purchase.

Whew....Glad that is over.

Scott M said:
Got the cartridge interrupter Thursday 11/20. Now with almost all new parts, nearly two months after purchase.

Whew....Glad that is over.

Everything working well then?

All reassembled with just the interrupter as a new part, and she cycles rounds like she should!! Ya Hoo!!

When I had this issue, I replaced the cartridge stop, cartridge interrupter and slide tube assembly for good measure and the gun works flawlessly now.

I hope so too Andrew. If you need any help with it feel free to ping me or anyone here and we'll do our best to get you back up and runnin.

Got the 500 back today 6/2/15, They replaced the whole lower half of the gun(new receiver ,new serial # ). They left the original barrel. Seems to be working good now.

I did write to Mossberg asking for new cartridge stop and cartridge interrupter and I was surprised what was sent.
The new cartridge stop is different from what was originally in the gun. The new has a little bump in it.
The bump is machined and not a factory default. I haven't tried out the gun yet, but I anxious to see what happens.
I fires excellent with 00 buck Rio Royal low recoil, but noticed the problem when firing #7 birdshot.
Hopefully this new one solves the "binding" issue. You'd think 12 gauge shotgun would shot all 12 gauge shells.
In the pictures, the new factory cartridge stop w/ circular bump is on the left, and my existing cartridge stop (came with gun when bought) is on the right. Has anyone else seen this on a mossy 590a1 cart. stop?

moss-1.jpg moss-2.jpg

First time I'm seeing it...

Let us know what transpires with the "bump"...

@lionsgate01 , I merged your thread here.

Hopefully this is a fix for an ongoing problem. Please keep us posted on how the new part works out for you...

Back