• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Attn: Oregon gun owners Ballot

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/043dbt.pdf

DRAFT BALLOT TITLE
Criminalizes possession or transfer of “assault weapons” (defined) or “large
capacity magazines” (defined), with exceptions
Result of “Yes” Vote:
“Yes” vote criminalizes possession/ transfer of “assault
weapons” (defined)/ “large capacity magazines” (defined), with exceptions for military/
police/ registered owner approved by State Police
Result of “No” Vote: “No” vote retains current laws, which bar possession of
firearms by certain individuals, including convicted felons, some civilly committed
persons, domestic abusers, other disqualified persons
Summary: Measure criminalizes possession or transfer of “assault weapons”
(defined)/ “large capacity magazines” (defined) except for military/ law enforcement
purposes, or persons authorized by State Police after criminal background check.
Otherwise possession or transfer is a Class B felony. Within 120 days, persons lawfully
owning such weapons or magazines must remove from Oregon, lawfully sell, surrender
to law enforcement, render inoperable, or register items with State Police. Applies to
inherited items. Bars moving covered items into Oregon. Assault weapons include
certain semiautomatic rifles or pistols with a detachable magazine; pistol or rifles with a
fixed magazine holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition; certain semiautomatic
shotguns. Large capacity magazine is ammunition feeding device with capacity of more
than ten rounds. Effective January 1, 2019. Other provisions.

its awesome , people are freaking out . I love the chaos. It takes like a day on skid row in Portland to get the 88000 sigs to make the ballot, that was no surprise. I'm glad its at least going to be voted on instead of just being signed in . Either way anyone surprised by this isn't paying attention all the Sheriffs been out for a couple weeks now saying they wont enforce it and all that. Folks wont comply, if it actually gets anywhere ......which is very possible . Complacent people ......are complacent .....its like rust, off tho the next state itll go till something breaks . Probably the second someone doesn't have much to lose then a shit ton of people will start shooting . It almost happened when they murdered Levoy in the snow up by Burns. People cant take much more, if it isnt tearing down statues its the constitution. Look at Florida.....who woulda thought

All the folks in States surrounding California need to realize that big fat California money is pushing these gun laws into the surrounding states to cut down on smuggling across the borders.

This really should be as illegal as allowing Arabs to bankroll a presidential candidate in America.

smuggling across borders.

Seems California wouldn't mind such activities [cough cough]

Further, any activity that happens outside of a states border is of absolutely no concern or business of a neighboring state.

I had to go to Portland on Business by the way, back in 1985, because I was one of the engineers on the Salem hospital. The architect was in Portland. It was a lovely town. Quite charming in many districts.

I remember eating at a place called Jake's Famous Crawfish which was fabulous except for all the homeless people littering the streets.

I figured that this is where all the people went after they got tired of being busted by the cops in San Francisco. Same basic crowd of people.

But it's got to be 5 times worse nowadays that was over 30 years ago!

Back