• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Aww crap, Mossberg and Sons still going for smart-gun tech for the Gov't

I can.

And you linked our local TV station. They are pretty 2A supportive. Their viewers keep them pretty honest. The TV station reprinted it from the AP.

As for "smart gun tech", I wouldn't have one of those things.

Nope, NOT gonna happen.

Further, the civilian market would crucify them for "creating" something (anything) that Obama wanted.

Furthermore, any electronic device can be defeated, I'm sure that our enemy's could defeat and jam the signal against our soldiers, the gov't would probably demand the encryption codes to do the same for LEO and Mil.

It's a bad flippin' idea, the only people that would even consider making anything of the sorts are the greedy wanting gov't contracts or the genuinely naïve or mentally retarded.

If that's the only way I could make a dollar, I think I would rather just die a starving artist.

As long as we've got the technology to prevent a criminal from stealing and using your smartphone, then we should be able to prevent the wrong person from pulling a trigger on a gun," Obama said on Friday.

He really means us law abiding gun owners he can't get rid of....

Yeah, somebody will create a smartgun jammer a week after they hit the shelves.
And a month after that somebody will post the directions on youtube to build one from a $9.99 toy RC car.
As far as I know an EMP weapon won't harm an ordinary gun.
Smart guns? Who knows?

One bomb could take out thousands of guns in an instant.

As long as we've got the technology to prevent a criminal from stealing and using your smartphone ...

I think they just recently proved that we don't. One they hacked & another they forced a fingerprint lock. Evidently the cops have the right to your prints as soon as you become a person of interest.

Looks like I'm going to have to boycott Mossberg now... (did I say that out loud? ;)) I might make it a point to find the place the next time I am in DB and give them a piece of my mind...

"Mossberg's interest in smart-gun technology stemmed from a rise in police being killed with their own service weapons in the 1990s.

I would be surprised if there is a lot of data to support that there was a measurable rise in such incidents.

I found the website, BTW... LINK

It looks like they are using a "standard" 500. All the "e-goodies" appear to be contained in the stock and a special ring one must wear to activate the gun.

Hey Mossberg, Jr! I publicly wish this venture of yours FAILS! :mad: To associate your family's products with an onerous device such as a "smart" gun is pure blasphemy! STOP SUCKING FACE WITH NOBAMA!!! :mad:

lol just read the FAQ page.... I wonder what a good strong magnet would do the the device or ring?

Just so we are all clear, the company in question, IGun Technology, is not part of OF Mossberg and Sons. The owner/founder of Igun is Jonathon Mossberg. He did grow up in the family business but left and started Igun on his own.

lol just read the FAQ page.... I wonder what a good strong magnet would do the the device or ring?
I'm sure as soon as these hit the market the counter to over ride it will become available. It will be just like the police radar versus the radar detector wars in the 1980's. Next will be how to convert one from "smart" gun to traditional with a few simple hand tools. They keep making cars harder to steal but I notice auto theft is still a big problem. I don't care if I sound paranoid but I'm sure the anti gunners and the government want them mandated in use is so they can turn them off when needed...."we have a hurricane hitting the Guld Coast, turn off a tri state area."

Just so we are all clear, the company in question, IGun Technology, is not part of OF Mossberg and Sons. The owner/founder of Igun is Jonathon Mossberg. He did grow up in the family business but left and started Igun on his own.

But it would appear he is sourcing guns from Mossberg, as would I if I were him and had an "in"... :rolleyes:

igun1.jpg

Smart gun? Not for me. I'll just keep what I've got.

13133377_1752536611650786_6547147720408715429_n.jpg

Back