• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Awwwww HELL.... I was going to wait until next year but I was weak

Sorry it took the full 2 minutes to respond.

LOVE

IT

Yeah she's a beauty! Love the whole period appropriate family pictures.

When you get the lighting you want be sure to get us some more pics of all her lovely curves and coloring.

That's what we were waiting for!!!!!!

Nice stable of classic old west firearms.

Now let's see some gunsmoke waffling out of both barrels!

Dave, interested in your thought on the paper shells once you've fired a few. I haven't ordered any since I was waiting on your review.

Regards Brother

Dave, interested in your thought on the paper shells once you've fired a few. I haven't ordered any since I was waiting on your review.
Regards Brother

Good morning Ernst,

Well, I made some sweet smoke smell with the Remington paper hull ammo. It's very comfortable to shoot from a 7-pound shotgun, and the sweet smell is like no other. But you know that right?

It patterned pretty well but my barrels are both cylinder bore so nothing truly exciting. With choke tubes (or a modified/full) I think this paper stuff would really perform

The Remington site says the shells are designed for trap, skeet and clay shooters and the wad is a modern design meant for those shooting activities. These aren't the old cardboard wad over the powder stuff from turn-of-the 19th-century.

Here is a link you might enjoy, but if you decide to get some they are claimed to be a limited production run and in in short supply. Shipping wasn't bad at all. Twelve bucks for five boxes from Minnesota via UPS. And no tax. I think Remington is going to be the only source for ordering some.

https://www.remington.com/peters-paper.html

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
Oh, the smell of gun powder in the morning! Rivals the smell of bacon!

Thanks for the report. I looked at the Peters site yesterday and only two of five offerings were available so need to see which one fits my needs.

Dave, again congrats on your new coach gun and your wish to carry on the old western traditions. Doubt some of the young folks today even know what a coach gun was used for or have ever seen an SAA revolver which was first made in 1873.

Regards

@Ernst

Yeah. There is still (as of Saturday afternoon) #8 and #7.5 @1145-fps left. When it's gone I guess it is gone.

Back