• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Axes and Hatchets and Machetes rule my life...

Reading back over these posts I realize that we had not seen Jake Brake from Philly, since February.

Also how much I want to forge my own tomahawk and halberd.

I’ve got this railroad spike in really good condition and it came from the golden spike monument at promontory point Utah. I’m thinking that would make the head of a very nice medieval style weapon.

I’m not sure what kind of an edge that railroad spike steel would hold so I might forge some sawblades on the edge. The floor scraper that I bought to forge a halberd from is very substantial.

The steel is very good, but it’s very thick which means I could probably split off enough of it to make a good sized Dirk as well.

@Rodburner
I’m sure your wife is quite lovely but when you said salmon smacker, it Dredged up this weird memory of my trip to Newport Oregon.

We were sitting in some chowder House that overlooks the pier and watching as a local skipper backed in his boat, and the mates offloaded 4 big bins of fish.

As they dumped them on the dock these two old gals about the size of Tugboat Annie started slapping big fish and slinging blades like it was World War III.

In the time it took us to eat our chowder they had sliced up most of his catch, and returned him three bins of fish heads and chum.

The lobster guys were going out of there with buckets full of fish heads.

@Rodburner
I’m sure your wife is quite lovely but when you said salmon smacker, it Dredged up this weird memory of my trip to Newport Oregon.

We were sitting in some chowder House that overlooks the pier and watching as a local skipper backed in his boat, and the mates offloaded 4 big bins of fish.

As they dumped them on the dock these two old gals about the size of Tugboat Annie started slapping big fish and slinging blades like it was World War III.

In the time it took us to eat our chowder they had sliced up most of his catch, and returned him three bins of fish heads and chum.

The lobster guys were going out of there with buckets full of fish heads.
Lol..great memory..and except for their age and size ( more dinghy Diana’s), you have described both my wives..they were best friends and country girls. Huntin, guttin, the whole 9. They only kept/keep me to kill spiders..lol

Now when I met mine, she was teaching public school, selling Avon, and getting her black belt in a local karate studio ('scuse me . . . Dojo)

I thought she was pretty fearless, but her fear of mice, bugs and spiders is quite real.

It's no problem, and I don't find that unusual for a female, even though she was raised out in the peach orchard and corn field, with chickens, goats etc.

But her fear of Covid is making me a bit nuts.

Now when I met mine, she was teaching public school, selling Avon, and getting her black belt in a local karate studio ('scuse me . . . Dojo)

I thought she was pretty fearless, but her fear of mice, bugs and spiders is quite real.

It's no problem, and I don't find that unusual for a female, even though she was raised out in the peach orchard and corn field, with chickens, goats etc.

But her fear of Covid is making me a bit nuts.
My first wife met my second wife by selling her Avon. #1 had worked behind my back with #2 to make sure I would never be alone. When #1 was taken by MS, #2 stepped in to fulfill her promise, hence my “arranged marriage “. #2 has a couple underlying conditions so she is extra COVID conscious. I do my part for my kids and grand kids and myself. A mask ain’t nothing in the grand scheme of things to keep my hard earned health..

Back