• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Backup communication

All my HT radio’s are repeater capable. 4of the 5 are capable of out of band scanning. RX only . They scan VHF also . Of course I live in a area that it seems that most of the different radio services are not being used . Every now and again , I catch a repeater identification broadcast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I did not buy the amp. I’m still undecided about what I’m going to do for a base radio yet. This Friday I ordered a GMRS tuned Nagoya antenna for my personal radio. I also ordered Midland mag mounted antenna for the vehicle. I will have other uses for it.
The performance I got from the BTech V1 hooked to the base antenna was impressive. Considering the conditions of the day we tested it . The antenna was in temporary position. It was a cloudy rainy day . Lots of foliage and the radio I was transmitting to was just a hand held inside of a vehicle . I think that now I have a antenna on the outside of the vehicle and I’m going to raise the antenna another 6-8 feet the range from base to vehicle will increase.
With that said I think that a decent 5 watt radio would work for my needs and area.
So I may just get a Midland MXT105 for my base station. It’s only $50 cheaper then the MXT115, witch is a 15 watt radio.
I’m on the fence between the two. I’m already going over the budget I set for my communication prep. I have other prepping projects that need done this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back