• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Banana barrel

Mossybloke

.270 WIN
Well, brought my 835 duck gun as a backup during last week's opener and it was a good thing I did. I was using my '68 Wingmaster and tripped, unknowingly plugging the barrel with debris. I got up immediately and shot at a dove and banana'd the barrel. Used the Mossberg the rest of the weekend and got limits

http://i.imgur.com/ziVPa.jpg

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Holy crap man. That's buggered up for sure. I bet that scared the p00p outa ya. You didn't get hurt though right?
Oh..and we'll also need some pix of the "limit" if you got any....
;)

Bummer, that happened to me once but it was a rabbit with his finger in the barrel.....he called me Doc....claimed it was duck season

Congrats on the limits, bummer on the barrel. Lucky you didn't' get hurt or damage the rest of the gun.

I would SERIOUSLY consider having the original 870 barrel cut back to as short a length as you like (minimum 18.25" from bolt face) and thread it for choke tubes. A gunsmith would probably do it for under $50 and that way the original barrel is still with the '68 Wingmaster.

Those guns had receivers milled from billet steel and were really nice actions. It would be a crying shame to separate the original barrel and retire it.

I agree with you and get offers to buy it from me occasionally at the skeet range. It won't happen though as my father gave it to me when I turned 18. I think the rib would have to be brazed on wouldn't it?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Back