• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best lower cost yet still dependable Laser for 12 ga?

Crabs

First to the "Moderators", IF this thread doesn't belong here please move it to the correct area of the forum. Now the question, In the opinion of my fellow forum members, what is the best lower cost yet still dependable Laser for use with a 12 ga? I am asking folks who have owned a laser for a while and have fired more then just a few rounds threw your shotgun. I need to hold cost down BUT still need and want a dependable laser.
So, what are my choices?

Thread is OK where it stands.

Good luck with the search...I interested in the reply's myself...

Thanks SHOOTER13, I was thinking it would be good where I put it but wanted to ask to make sure. ;)

I have looked on Amazon (for convenience sake) at many many lasers and read the vast majority of the reviews and by the end of the "review" it is revealed that very few of the reviewers have shot their gun after the laser has been installed OR it is revealed that they have the laser being reviewed mounted on a .22 cal rifle, or even an air rifle. So this does me no good what so ever in my quest to find out what laser or lasers would be dependable for use with my 12 ga Maverick 88.
Hopefully someone with first hand experience will reply with some good opitions.

Copy that...

Have quite a few shotguns myself...but none with a good reliable field tested light or laser...so, I'm in the market myself.

I doubt you're going to get a low cost option to stand up to the recoil of 12ga rounds. Hell, even an AR which is very mild in recoil compared to any 12ga will destroy cheap electronics in fairly short order. Been there, tried that with a cheaper (still over $100) red dot. Made it a bit over 200rds before it wouldn't hold zero anymore.

I doubt you're going to get a low cost option to stand up to the recoil of 12ga rounds. Hell, even an AR which is very mild in recoil compared to any 12ga will destroy cheap electronics in fairly short order. Been there, tried that with a cheaper (still over $100) red dot. Made it a bit over 200rds before it wouldn't hold zero anymore.
What did you end up doing? Nothing but a bend sight and that's it?

Not sure what a bend sight is, but I took the one that shook apart back, and was completely honest about what happened and was given a full refund. Saved my money and bought an Aimpoint PRO.

Not sure what a bend sight is, but I took the one that shook apart back, and was completely honest about what happened and was given a full refund. Saved my money and bought an Aimpoint PRO.
Sorry, should have been "nothing but a bead sight" Wow, Aimpoint Pro? like $400 or there about? that's twice what the Maverick 88 cost me......

It's not on my shotgun, it's on my AR15. My shotgun has bead sights on the various barrels. I do have a Meprolight tritium bead on my HD 18.5" barrel as well as a flashlight mounted to the weapon itself. I've personally never cared for lasers on weapons, but again, just personal preference.

I do have a Meprolight tritium bead on my HD 18.5" barrel as well as a flashlight mounted to the weapon itself.
That's at the very least what I'll end up doing with my Maverick 88, a good flashlight and if not a "tritium bead" then a "Fiber-optic" bead.

Back