• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best red dot for under $150. Vortex Strikefire...

Despotes

Copper BB
...Bushnell TRS-25? Primary Arms Micro dot? TruGlo Triton?

I don't usually go cheap on optics, but this time around I have to.
The Bushnell TRS-25 seems to have decent reviews, but I don't like the greenish image. Could I get use to it if I had to? Don't know.
Primary Arms MD looks very similar. Is it better?
There are many TruGlo models like the Tru-Brite that has more adjustments and an apparent clear image, but not sure of it's durability.
The Vortex Strikefire seems to be on the recommended list by many, but I haven't seen any videos of the dot that were not fuzzy.

I'd love to keep it under $100, but if the Vortex is better than I will save a bit more.

I really like the PA M3 and M4 clones.....just got a Vortex and put it on my rifle a couple days ago but haven’t had it out yet. I posted some pics in the product review section. I had a "multi reticle" once and thought it sucked because you couldn’t switch between reticle without losing zero. I also have a PA micro reflex green dot that has lived through being on a 40 cal Glock and then my shotgun for a while, been a great reflex

I like the Vortex strike fire. If the dot is super fuzzy...turn it down. Supposedly the red only is brighter but I like the green.

Actually I like low power scopes better than red dots. But the vortex is good for the money. See nutnfancys review on YouTube.

what’s funny is that a dot will let you know about your vision lol, I've thought they were screwed up before , took a pic of it to show someone and it is perfect in the picture. Pass it to a buddy and they see it a little different than me most of the time. Turning it down as far as you can without losing it really does help a lot though.....and I really prefer green as well, wish they had the "bright green" as well I would have got that for sure

I would like to hear about your low power scope experiences if you want to post up a tread sometime that would be cool

I'm leaning towards the Strike fire and considering the Sparc. Not sure why the Sparc is more expensive.
Wish they'd leave the crappy doubler out of the box and knock off a couple of bucks.

I almost wanted a Sparc but if I were going that small I would go with the PA (out of stock)....it gets rid of the brightness control cluster and the appeal of the T1 clones to me is the small streamline design and the dot cluster on the Vortex kinda ruins that IMO....on the Strikefire I can ignore it but it is a ghost lump in the sight picture.
Not a deal breaker on a 30mm tube for my but the 20mm I probably wouldn’t like it....I would have to try it first.

I would pick the Strikefire for under $150 and will probably have one at some time. I'll pick the Bushnell TRS-25 if the limit is $100. I don't mind the greenish, do like the number of settings and brightness levels (11 if I recall). It has has held up fine and hasn't lost 0. I had it on a Mini 14 for a few hundred rounds but it found a permanent home on a 10/22. It seems perfect for it.

Back