• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Best Sling Mount to Attach Blue Force Gear Vickers 2-Pt Combat Sling to Mossberg 5901 A1 (51660)

The Esstac look good and added to my to do list..

Re the light.. Based on various images viewed i assume the Magpul Forward Sling Mount will be installed forward of the bayonet stud.

That leaves the space behind the bayonet stud available for light. Which would seem the most ergonomic re activation of light w/ left hand on the forearm.

However it occurs that as the front sling attachment is on the left side that probably doesn’t work - and therefore light should be on the right which i assume would require activation by reaching left hand forefinger under. Is that configuration acceptable?

I know their are light options that attach to end of mag tube however as my barrel and mag tube same length don’t want light to extend beyond muzzle.

upload_2022-2-19_12-25-15.jpeg

Guess you have two options. The GG&G mounts attach under the screw on mag cap an the plate provides space so the light doesn't extend beyond the muzzle assuming the flashlight isn't extremely long.

There are clamp on mounts that attache directly to the mag tube and have a one inch band for the flashlight. Looking at you picture don't see why you couldn't have both your Magpul sling attachment and either light option.

I'd be careful with trying to use a light mounted on the opposire side which would reqiore activation with your left index finger. Not a nature motion using a tail switch. Now you could use something like a TLR-1 which has levers. The only other option is a pressure switch but mounting one on a pump is not very easy.

Here's a picture of a clamp on one that should work. Think several companies make these.

l&m-shotgun-light-mount.jpg

upload_2022-2-19_15-47-6.png upload_2022-2-19_15-47-6.png upload_2022-2-19_15-47-6.png upload_2022-2-19_15-47-6.png upload_2022-2-19_15-48-22.png How about:

Streamlight Mag Tube Rail paired w/ a Streamlight TLR-1 light?

If happens that both the Magpul Sling Mount and light mounted at 9 o’clock not optimal - how about mounting the light at 6 o’clock?

Looks like two options adding pics of both..

Still considering GG&G.

upload_2022-2-19_15-47-6.png

upload_2022-2-19_15-48-22.png

As this thread started w/ inquiry re sling mount and has expanded in scope - once I’ve completed the upgrades to my 590A1 I’ll post a new thread w/ relevant subject. Any further comments here are of course welcome and much appreciated.

My duty 590 8+1 w/ GRS has an ElZetta light mount with an ElZetta ZFL M-60 light. Bomb Proof.

Good choice

Thank you I ordered the Elzetta package that includes light and mount. I am however concerned that my plan to install a same side Magpul forward sling mount in front of that might not be a good idea..

upload_2022-2-20_23-31-25.png

With thanks to Ernst and nitesite for previous responses.. If I may ask a further sling related question.. Given my intent to install front sling mount on the left and rear sling mount on top of buttstock.. when carrying cross the chest - sling would be positioned across right shoulder, across the back, under left arm - resulting in a muzzle down carry. Correct?

With thanks to Ernst and nitesite for previous responses.. If I may ask a further sling related question.. Given my intent to install front sling mount on the left and rear sling mount on top of buttstock.. when carrying cross the chest - sling would be positioned across right shoulder, across the back, under left arm - resulting in a muzzle down carry. Correct?

That is correct. Plus you should be able to transition to weak side shooting by adjusting the tightness of the sling.

Good luck!

I have the Nordic Clamp with the QD sling attachment and a Grovtec QD cup installed in my 930 for my Vickers 2 point sling. I like the setup so far.

Back