• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bidens Blunders

Yowza! That's all bad news all the way around.

From my uneducated perspective, I suspect the global economic outlook and overall condition is far worse than we are being told. Too much bad news just drives the markets further into the toilet. The IMF has already revised it's forecast through winter 2023 and it's not looking good.

Simple math tells us that you (western nations) can't spend on credit like a drunken sailor for 2.5 years through the pandemic and expect no serious and long lasting financial and societal consequences.

I heard economic pundits sounding the alarm bell BEFORE the pandemic...how could the pandemic have not made the situation far worse???

Our Congress has been spending money like toilet paper forever (and biden bumped that 10x.)

Now there’s gonna be a panic and a shortage of both money and toilet paper, because investors worldwide are gonna shit themselves. The only good news is that as an advanced technological society we will be able to crawl our way back out of this steadily, IF these elite idiots don’t decide to blow up the whole world.

I know that a few of you have been talking about the diesel shortage from biden sending it to other countries. Well, the chickens are coming home to roost.

5.99 a gallon here an hour ago,,,,and the pumps were covered in yellow plastic bags......................

1667876343070.png

1667876402878.png

“Good morning in Philadelphia. The air over the Keystone State smells like french fries this morning. Local authorities are unable to explain this, and health officials are concerned about mass psychosis.

In a strange series of bizarre robberies, every McDonald’s on the East Coast had their french fry vats siphoned overnight.

Hungry customers turned angry when they found out that there were no fries or hashbrowns available from the house of Ronald”

...every McDonald’s on the East Coast had their french fry vats siphoned overnight”
I've almost bought a greasel car here and there over the years but common sense kept me from it... ;) I'm talking an already converted older Golf, Jetta or Mercedes 300, etc..

For those who don't know, an "old-style" (no electronics) diesel will run on vegetable (fry) oil or other "biofuels". The way it works is you start the car on diesel fuel, circulate the fry oil through a heater to warm it up, then switch over to the fry oil. The car will run just fine on the fry oil and the exhaust will smell like french fries. :) Before you shut it off you have to switch back to diesel because the fry oil will not reliably start the car, especially if it is colder out. The conversion requires a separate tank for the fry oil and associated piping, heater and valves. Back when it was in vogue, there was stiff competition for the fry oil because many restaurants were giving the "waste" oil away for free. And the oil would need to be pumped and filtered before it went into the tank for the car. Modern diesels with electronic engine management are not easily converted to run off fry oil.

But an older diesel is the perfect "bug out" vehicle because it is compression ignition and can be entirely mechanically-controlled so would not be affected by an EMP from a high-altitude nuke.

I wonder if the biden team is going to release their "how much money you saved at thanksgiving this year" publication. The last one I recall seeing, the prices they pulled out of their rump said we saved .14 cents that year.

This year, I'd put money that people are spending much more on food than at any time in our lifetimes.

I went to the store yesterday to pick up some stuff for Thanksgiving. Not only did I spend over $100 for 6 bags of groceries that only had a few items in each bag, there were many things not on the shelves, or in really low supply.

For instance. There were about 12 or 14 turkeys in the freezer.

Cranberry sauce, there were 4 cans on the shelf. Of which, I got one can. The stocking manager came to that spot to check the inventory as I was putting it in the buggy and he told me that he was glad I got that when I did because they were out and wouldn't be getting anymore in until well after mid December.

There were no fresh hams available in the meat deparment. There were some canned hams in the aisle freezer, but no fresh hams in the meat department.

While I was out of town a few days this week, stopped at a Wendy's drive through. Little sign on the microphone/menu said "out of lettuce".

Ok. Well, that sucks, but when I got to the window when they were handing me the food, I asked for a pack of sweet and sour sauce for my grandaughters chicken nuggets, was told they were out of it too.

Who ever thought that America would have third world supply problems? I recall USSR having long wait lists on many daily items right before the hammer and sickle flag was lowered over the Kremlin for the last time too. Just sayin'.

Absolutely. I remember the videos of Soviet people standing in line, outside of GUM, to go in and buy bread and eggs.

This is what happens whenever the government decides that it gets to make all the economic decisions.

There does not appear to be a big food shortage here at all. However many things have gone up in price by 50%, certain eastern brands that have to come over the Rockies are occasionally in short supply, and some have vanished.

But I live 10 miles from the largest turkey ranch in California. There were lots of turkeys for sale at the grocery, but the fresh turkeys were three times the price of last year.

There’s so much money in California that I am afraid when places like Kentucky and Missouri have gone Dark, We will have bought up all the food and oil.

The one thing I’ve never worried about in my life is hunger, and certainly not since I moved to the San Joaquin valley, which is just farm after farm, orchard after orchard, and ranch after ranch for hundreds of miles.

It does seem to be getting cold a little earlier this year. Usually our Indian Summer runs for 3 to 4 weeks, but this year it was only one week long.

When I went bicycling yesterday it was in a down jacket with big motorcycle gauntlets. Two hats and a helmet. My legs are so tired from climb up and down ladders yesterday that I think I’m going to skip riding today.

I have been going six or seven times a week, but I am only getting my wife out there once a week or maybe twice. She needs the exercise way more than I do.

You guys have a nice day, and I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving. Pray for peace.

We spent more on Thanksgining this year even with fewer people and not buying a turkey ( had one in the freezer).

Prices on many thing are up to 50% or more. That is just based on observation. I do the shopping so I just know how much I used to pay for things.

It cost $10-12 for a whole chicken my my local store; that is double what we paid just a few months back. Our dog food cost has increased 25% in the last year. And I can go on and on.

I paid off a car, several bills and cut my gas in half by carpooling and started being much more budget concious yet we still have less available cash than before and have been struggling some months. Combine that with a tanking 401K investments.....

Blows my mind how many hard working Americans are feeling the pinch even more than I and still vote these idiots into office. I lost my retirement once and rebuilt it. I'm getting to old to start over, I feel my age just trying to maintain the job I luckily still have. I don't expect my government to provide for or support me. I also do not expect them to destroy the framework that has allowed hard working people to thrive, yet that is exactly what they are doing.

There is still a chance for a big rebound economy.

I’ve got my fingers crossed too, because my reserves have not been this low in 25 years.

I thank God every day that all our stuff is paid off and we don’t have consumer debt. We don’t have to work for a living, all our grandchildren are doing well, and the children are doing well. O M G They’ve done well enough to adopt us another grandchild! I feel like the luckiest guy on earth, and if I were to die today, I would feel like I went out on top. (Even though I’m a creaky old man, lol.)

So here’s how the house shook out in California.
D317E3F0-040D-48C1-909E-FC3ACB1D46A8.jpeg
We are sending David Valadao back to Congress, and I hope he understands the real situation here (unlike the radical Democrats) because he’s been pretty much a mild Rino. But he stands up for the farmers as to most of the politicians here.

We also reelected Jim Costa, who is a mild Dino. He came up behind me at the Legion Hall spaghetti dinner & I almost choked up my wine.

Valley Democrats and Republicans both have something big in common (besides begging money.)

Agriculture.

25% of the country’s food comes from the San Joaquin Valley. Not all of California. Just this valley.

When it comes right down to it, of all the products produced in America, agricultural products are the most indispensable. If we had to import all our food we could not afford it.

Back