• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

BILL C-71 An Act to amend certain Acts and Regulations in relation to firearms

cmcdonald

Boating Accident Victim
Staff member
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Even the name of the Bill is stupid and clunky...just like the government.

The link below provides a very brief synopsis of the legislation and various methods to get involved and hopefully we make the gov’t sit up and take notice.

https://thegunblog.ca/stop-bill-c-71/

I recommend using this next link if you want to fire off some quick opposition to the right places, right away....

http://oneclearvoice.ca/

https://thegunblog.ca/2018/04/11/liberals-may-back-down-on-c-71-if-strong-outcry-mp-zimmer-says/

TheGunBlog.ca — The Canadian government may back down from its proposed law to ban more guns and further restrict lawful hunters and sport shooters if enough people voice their disapproval, said Bob Zimmer, an opposition member of parliament.

Some political analysts say the Liberal-led government can easily pass Bill C-71 into law because it controls a majority of the House of Commons and has wide support in the Senate.

But parliamentary committees can request amendments, and the Liberals have scaled back or dropped plans after a strong outcry or lack of support, Zimmer said. Glen Motz, an opposition MP who sits on one of the committees, has said he will propose changes that reflect people’s concerns.

Gun owners should contact Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale’s constituency office and local MPs with one-paragraph e-mails and short phone calls to record their opposition, the Conservative MP said. (See full Q&A with details below.)

“It’s not a done deal. Be focused on it,” Zimmer told TheGunBlog.ca in a telephone interview on April 4. “This government has backed down before. I’m optimistic that they’ll pull back again.”

See TheGunBlog.ca’s dedicated page on Bill C-71 to see how the bill harasses gun owners and how you can help stop it.

Can the Provinces make their own more restrictive laws? Is their anything like the 2nd Amendment here to at least slow them down?

No, nothing like it at all.

The whole country is covered by the Criminal Code of Canada. They’ve actually included the firearms legislation as part of the criminal code. Which is also highly controversial here...as it automatically criminalizes for even a slight paperwork offence.

I don’t know that there is anything more the provinces could do beyond some very minor hassles...maybe...they don’t have the level of independence or power afforded to your states.

There doesn’t seem to be any will on the part of the provinces to further crack down. As it stands now, firearms are wholly managed by the feds and all the COSTS along with it...if you get my drift...lol. It’s all about the money ain’t it?!?

(Need to make another edit here...)
I forgot about this....In 2014 (I believe) the province of Quebec petitioned the Supreme Court to retain the old, abolished long gun registry data. They wanted the data retained until they could establish their own provincial registry. As I understand it now, after several years and numerous court challenges the lefties won and got their registry.

There is a bit of a “division” in Canada between east and west. The west is typically more right leaning and rural Canada is also right leaning. However, the major left leaning eastern centres have us out-voted...generally speaking. It is my belief that “hairdo, wonder-boy” is going to be a one-term wonder and will be turfed on his ear next election. Rural Canadian farmers and ranchers will likely rise up, make the 50 mile journey to vote and make that happen.

Last edited:
No, nothing like it at all.

The whole country is covered by the Criminal Code of Canada. They’ve actually included the firearms legislation as part of the criminal code. Which is also highly controversial here...as it automatically criminalizes for even a slight paperwork offence.

I don’t know that there is anything more the provinces could do beyond some very minor hassles...maybe...they don’t have the level of independence or power afforded to your states.

There doesn’t seem to be any will on the part of the provinces to further crack down. As it stands now, firearms are wholly managed by the feds and all the COSTS along with it...if you get my drift...lol. It’s all about the money ain’t it?!?
Oh, I should add that referring back to the BNA Act of 1867 or even further back to English Common Law and the Magna Carta, though given lip service as the basis for the new Constitution written in 1982 it is quite different and much more restrictive. The intention was to have “entrenched” the old documents in the new which included the “preamble of the Constitution Act of 1867” which basically says that no new law may trounce on any rights afforded by that Act. This has been argued back and forth many, many times and the left is winning. The Supreme Court effectively no longer recognizes the existence of any documents before 1982. British common law of the day afforded the right to self-defence by arms...the new constitution does not.

I hope the citizens of Canada and the USA stand up and take the liberals down. Unfortunately they started electing school board members decades ago and have been able to indoctrinate a couple of generations of kids to believe what they want them to.

Then we have the parents that are happy to let the government take care of them from cradle to grave. Too many single parents, too many drugged out parents, too many illiterate parents, and back to too many parents willing to relinquish their parental duties to the state.

Then we have the parents that are happy to let the government take care of them from cradle to grave. Too many single parents, too many drugged out parents, too many illiterate parents, and back to too many parents willing to relinquish their parental duties to the state.
You got that right my man!!

That welfare state mindset knows no borders. I’ve said this before on this board and I’ll say it again...my wife and I sacrificed 15+ years of earning potential to raise our daughter with mom at home. It hurt like hell in this economy and believe me.....she’s 24 now and we’re still paying for that decision. But my daughter is a well adjusted, polite, talented and productive person. She has received several bursaries (scholarships) along the way; not wholly because of talent...she works harder than a lot of her peers.

Parents need to do their jobs...be a bloody parent already!

I know I posted this in another thread as well but it really belongs here.

These guys will always have my business.

Wanstalls-Ad-C-71.jpg

Unfortunately too many of our companies in the USA are going the opposite direction. PC has permeated our culture, and so many of the companies themselves are now run by liberals. I don't know if we will ever recover.

Back