• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Blackaces Tactical Folding Brace Assemply

Took me 3 minutes just to find the sidewinders product page to find out it costs $160.

I know this is an
So when you extend the brace and then unscrew the brace tube, the measured length from the muzzle to the rear end of the brace adapter is exactly 26" long. One of my photos above shows the brace adapter minus the brace. When I go to the range I plan to take copies of the ATF letters with me and my tape measure. I think Mossberg is now getting ready to sell Shcokwave with factory braces, so I think we'll be ok.

Just a few points. Once I tricked out my Shockwave as shown, it's almost as heavy as my Mossberg 500 ATI and almost as long. The other thing is that when the brace is folded in as shown in my photos above, it interferes a little with slide operation. Also, I removed the safety strap from the slide. There's no way my hand can slide off and get over the end of the muzzle when firing with the laser hanging out front.

One last thing - after I tricked out my Shockwave it didn't fit in any of my rifle soft bags/carriers. I also doubt that it will fit in any sheaths I've seen on the web. I'll have to find a big hard case to carry it from the truck to the range or wrap it in blankets or something. Suggestions are welcome.
Old
Has anyone tried the Blackaces Folding Brace Assembly? It looks like a pretty innovative device to help stabilize a Shockwave. Since it is not a folding butt stock, it appears that it is still legal on a Shockwave. The strap goes around your forearm instead of the butt going against your shoulder.

http://www.blackacestactical.com/_p/prd3/4665931042/product/shockwave-folding-brace-assembly

I'm picking up my Shockwave tomorrow morning in 20 gauge and this will be the first modification I make. Your thoughts?
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if you had to buy anything from black aces ( or elsewhere) to make this brace work. I just bought a 20 gauge sw as a home defense gun and have been trying to figure out if this is a direct bolt on

Everything you need is in the brace kit you get from BlackAces. I got my brace with the folding stock option. In retrospect I would have got the non-folding brace. This rig does draw some attention at the range. The other shooters often ask if I am a cop or if it's legal in NJ. I have to explain the whole deal to them. I printed out a letter from the state police explaining the law on non-shotgun - firearms in case I get challenge by Law Enforcement.

Everything you need is in the brace kit you get from BlackAces. I got my brace with the folding stock option. In retrospect I would have got the non-folding brace. This rig does draw some attention at the range. The other shooters often ask if I am a cop or if it's legal in NJ. I have to explain the whole deal to them. I printed out a letter from the state police explaining the law on non-shotgun - firearms in case I get challenge by Law Enforcement.
Thank you for the reply. I haven't been able to get Black aces to reply to any of my emails asking that question. Did you have to contact your local law enforcement to obtain that letter?

I got the letter online. The NJ State Police wrote a letter on the Shockwave and like firearms. Just do a search on the legality in your own state. For one thing, if local gun shops in your state are selling Shockwaves, they are legal in that state. The brace is another issue. Do a web search on the legality of brace in your state. I believe that the ATF has posted a letter saying that they are ok. I think the concept was to make firearms available to handicapped or disabled citizens. In my case I am disabled and have a disabled ID, but I don't think you need to be disabled to possess a brace. Just do your homework. If you get in a snag saying that you read my post on this forum probably won't help. ;-)

Back