• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bloomberg making racist comments

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yet, no one seems to want to say anything when a democrat does it. I just want to go on record and say it's bad when ANYONE does it.

Yes, I know the article is a little dated, but it was the first time I had seen it. And from Washington Times even.

Excerpts:

Michael Bloomberg suggests disarming minorities to 'keep them alive'

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg reportedly argued Friday that guns need to be kept out of the hands of minorities in order to keep them alive.
While speaking at the Aspen Institute, Mr. Bloomberg, 72, said 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: a male minority between the ages of 15 and 25

Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive, the former three-term mayor said, according to The Times.
“These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” said Mr. Bloomberg, who funds the gun-control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”

“While I’m sitting there waiting for him to introduce me, he said to his congregation, ‘You know, if every one of you stopped and frisked your kid before they went out at night, the mayor wouldn’t have to do it,’” Mr. Bloomberg said. “And so I knew I was going to be OK with that audience.”
The former mayor spoke to a sold-out crowd Friday about a variety of topics, including poverty, education and marijuana legalization.

“Mayor Bloomberg’s statement that black males should not be allowed to have guns echos similar sentiments made by southern white supremacists in the 19th century,” Tom King, the association’s president, said in a statement. “So called ‘Black Codes’ were enacted by various southern states to discriminate against black Americans and maintain the system of white supremacy that made slavery possible. These included restrictions on firearms possession.
“If a politician said this about anything other than guns, the mainstream media would be all over them,” Mr. King argued. “Michael Bloomberg isn’t just any politician, he is the leading voice for gun control in America. He should be held accountable for this slander.”

I guess this is a continuation of the "white man's burden" mind set. A theory/belief that certain races and or economic groups are basically unable to think or act for THEMSELVES....... I could go on, but I think I'd be preaching to the choir.

It's a sad fact that the statistics pretty much support mr. Bloomberg in this regard:

Around here the population is about 47% hispanic 9% black 4% asian and 40% white.

Almost 90% of our violent/gun crimes are committed by hispanics, blacks and asians.

Just like the political world of Washington DC, our underworld population here is all about what group you identify with.

Down at the county jail there are the Peckerwoods, and the Others. If you are white you're a 'Wood. Non-whites are all grouped together as Others.

And that is exactly how they are housed in order to prevent Mass racial violence here. White folks are in one "pod" and the Others are in another. Well 3 others actually because there are 3 times as many minorities incarcerated at our local jail as whites.

Only Bloomberg could effectively promote 'white privilege'. If Trump had said the same, there would be riots everywhere.

People and the media need to stop praising/demonizing/ignoring people based on who they are or what party they belong to and actually listen to what they are saying.

That is too difficult and time consuming for them, and it's being made more difficult each day by the proliferation of "me-some-too" causes. People using the leftist media's willing assistance to stir up bad news for profit.

The real messages people need to hear are being lost in the blanket of noise.

People don't have the patience required to discriminate properly, because in our modern society too many decisions are required of them. They reach a point where even one more choice is too much mental juggling. In order to keep the balls going, they must ignore the distraction.

People learn to dismiss things without consideration.
So the attitude is no different than, "Let them eat cake."

We execute the "guilty" in the media: virtually.
I guess sometimes there is bad publicity . . .

Only Bloomberg could effectively promote 'white privilege'. If Trump had said the same, there would be riots everywhere.

I don't want the following to appear "racist" because I am actually ANTI-racist! Nobama and many other prominent people have "black privilege". This is where if anyone says anything "bad" about them, the people who said it are immediately labeled a racist by the wienie liberal press! Political Correctness run amok! :mad:

Back