• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bolt Action Rifles

Some new choices

Picked up a Mosan Nagant last friday and have completely redid the stock and I'm real happy with it. The Saturday I stopped by my local dealer and he had a Savage 270 complete package with scope so I had to have it and then yesterday :eek: He calls me to tell me he just got a Remington 700 30.06 that was bought new last year and only fired twice, I grabbed it with a nice Bushnell scope for $500!!..

I'll get some pics up soon..

Re: Some new choices

500 for that remington r700 with scope is a killer deal! Great grab.

Here's pics of the Mosin Nagant I picked up and redid for the final time with 5 coats of satin finish sanded between coats. Also an SKS yugoslav version I grabbed along with monte carlo stock. Damn thing came with a bayonet, flip up night sites and a grenade launcher!!! wanted a pistol grip style stock for it but that would have put it into the Assault rifle class :roll:

The Rem 700 30.06 is a beauty, shot only a couple times and became mine as is for a very good price..

Remington 700 30.06

Mosin Nagant and Yugoslav SKS

Savage 270

I also grabbed a Mossberg 500 scoped 12GA :oops: I've got the fever!!!! :lol:

Great job on the finish and sorry to hear about the folder "laws". I think your Mini is going to feel neglected.

cockedandlocked said:
Your making me regret selling my r700 soo much lol

We are going out Saturday and shooting the Rem 700, Mosin Nagant, SKS, Mini 14, 590A1 and my buddy is bringing his BAR!!!!! My son can't wait for that..

Found out last night that my SKS doesn't fire. The Hammer will not release on the trigger group no matter if it's in the gun or out. The SOB was loaded with cosmoline and I'm pretty sure I removed it all even boiling the trigger group for about 10 minutes which did remove some cosmoline that I didn't see. The only way I could get the trigger to release was to use a screwdriver and pull forward on the sear while depressing the dis connector and pulling the trigger and yup, it released and found my THUMB!!!!! :oops: That won't happen twice I can assure you. Found many videos on reworking the trigger on an SKS and sear is the usual focus but I just want a functioning firing SKS. I did pull the bolt apart on it to clean the cosmoline out of the firing pin so I don't see any slam fires..

I already brought it down to the Shop where I bought it this morning. The guy working there is great and knows his SKS and all guns for that matter rather well. He was stumped by the trigger not working as was I . He worked with it for about 20 minutes but still couldn't get it it to release so he asked me to leave it with him and by tomorrow he would have it either fixed or replaced.

I'm not new to SKS's but it has been about 10 years since I sold my Chinese made SKS. This Yugoslav version I just picked up seems to be of much better quality and machining. If it wasn't for the trigger being a pain in the rear I would be shooting it this afternoon..

8mm Mauser

traded a lookalike AK47/22 for it today. It's a ceskoslovenska, zbrojovka, a s brno VZ.24. 8mm Mauser..

She is in mint condition..

Re: 8mm Mauser

Another fine addition to your collection :twisted: Let us know what you think of it when you get to shoot it.

Here are a couple I built over the summer.

26" AICS Remy 700 SPS Varmint .308

20" AICS Remy 700 SPS Tactical .223

Re: Bolt Action

Very nice setups there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a Remington 700 30.06.

Other than that, a mosin nagant and a 8mm Czech Mauser VZ24..

That's it for bolts..

Nice sticks Dave!

I'm a sucker for a 700. I've been lookin at a Mosin M44 Carbine at a local shop for a while but haven't decided on takin her home yet.

Thanks, LAZY.

I haven't shot the Mauser but she is in mint condition with a very good bore and rifling so it should be able to reach out pretty good. The 700 is just a joy to hold nevermind shoot, just well designed and balanced yet kicks like a mule!!! :mrgreen:

The Mosin is one accurate rifle with one hell of a nice round another one that kicks like a mule and iron sights are amazing at 100 yards with these, my eyes fail before the rifle ever will.. ;)

Marlin 22 Magnum/New scope added

As mentioned in another post, Here is the Marlin 22 Magnum I picked up today. Great feeling good looking rifle..

Re: Marlin 22 Magnum

:ugeek: I really like the wood stock on that marlin. I haven't acquired a 22 magnum yet but it's certainly on my list. One of these days you need to try and grab a group shot of your ever growing firearms collection.

Ultimate CC said:
:ugeek: I really like the wood stock on that marlin. I haven't acquired a 22 magnum yet but it's certainly on my list. One of these days you need to try and grab a group shot of your ever growing firearms collection.

The wood and stainless drew me to this gun like I couldn't live without it!!! :lol:

Ya that picture and my Camera are the issue. My camera is aging Sony and I can't get good quality from it anymore for the life of me!!! Income tax time in a month or so and one thing the Wife and I agreed on is a new camera.
5 22Lr (10/22-SR22-Model 60-S&W M&P15-22-and the Henry Survival rifle)
5 shotguns all 12Ga besides 1 20GA (590A1, 930 Auto loader, Mossberg 500 20GA 28" barrel interchangeable chokes, Benelli Supernova and the Centery Double barrel Coach Gun)
3 SKS's (one Yugo 2 mint Norincos)
1 SOCOM16 308
1 Saiga 308 AK converted
1 Bushmaster XM15 223/5.56 nato
1 Winchester 44 Magnum lever
1 Henry Big Boy 45 Cal
1 Marlin 22 Magnum
1 Hi Point 9mm Carbine
1 Remington 700 30.06
1 Mini 14 .223 5800 series Stainless with a Nikon 3x9x50 scope I just picked up and moved the redfield evolution that was on it to my 10/22 with over under mounts.

I think that might be about it, for now.. :D

You're REALLY makin me want a .22 bolt gun now!!! That Marlin is sweet. I too am a sucker for purdy stainless barrel and a wood stock. Gets me every time...

Re: Marlin 22 Magnum/New scope added

New Simmons scope, weaver mount and rings and she is lovely!!! its 2.8-10x44 Master Series is it has some very nice optics!!!..

The long tube will help if my son and I do decide to do Coyote hunting to help hide lens glare. This is one fine feeling setup and can't wait to let 'er rip!!!!!!! Can hear the coyotes every night where we live which is very much country just need to start talkin to some land owners..

Back