• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Boyd's stocks

chrisnmissy04

Copper BB
Hey Mossberg owners I'm looking at changing the stock on my Atr 30/06! My question is ,do you see any significant change in felt recoil? I love the way this thing shoots and I've smoked several deer with it in the last 8 years, but she's a THUMPER! So I was thinking of dressing her up and wondering if the kick could be tamed a little by the Boyd's stock! Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

If it adds weight, then yes it should help some. I believe you also have different recoil pad options with Boyds.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Here's another Boyd's stock question: I may need more info before I even ask...but here goes anyway...I have the MVP 5.56 with the bench rest type stock. It is a heavy beast. I decided after I got it I wanted to hunt with it because it is so accurate. I looked at Boyd's stocks but i can't find any weights for them. Would a Sporter type stock from Boyd's weigh less than the BR stock? I would think it would be much lighter.

Back