• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Broken Link

SnowMud

Copper BB
Hey guys, I got my 935 Magnum Autoloader in 2005, and I love this weapon. Never really had a problem until yesterday.. hopefully someone can help?

Ok, I was shooting out back, everything was great. I was shooting 3 in. turkey loads. The gun jammed all of a sudden - The bolt caught about halfway between being fully back or fully forward - not allowing ejection, and there was a fresh shell waiting on the elevator to be loaded. I got the fresh shell pushed back into the tube, and somehow got the spent shell out of the chamber...

So I think to myself, that was strange.. then try again. The Bolt however is not moving back enough to load another shell, and is having some trouble moving at all. I take the gun apart, and find a broken link. The link is attached to the slide, right behind the bolt - but you guys know that because your gonna help me :) . Anyway, I ordered a new Link ( and forearm retainer ( Why plastic? ) because that was broken somehow ) and they should be in in about a month.

Anyone heard of the link breaking? Anyone replaced one before? Is it hard to get the link pin out and back in again? Any Help or knowledge on this issue would be greatly welcome. Like I said - Im pretty sure a broken link ( How the.... ) was my problem, and I got a new one ordered..

Thanks guys, Id post a picture but its in about 8 pieces right now...

Here is a picture of the broken link.

Also.. my gun in several pieces..

Anyone use this forum??

Attachments

• DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 326
Wow, that's a first seeing this for me.

Sorry to see you're having issues. I haven't changed one of these out before, but I figure if someone put it together, it shouldn't be that hard to replace. Let us know if you run into any issues when your new parts arrive and we'll do what we can to help.

...oh, and welcome aboard...

Thanks! the guy at Mossberg said it could be 3 or 4 weeks before it even ships.. sooo..

I'll let you know!

Back