• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

BUCK

S

SHOOTER13

The quinessential blade from your childhood...a Buck Knife. How many here started their collections with this staple from the past...and how many will hand down an heirloom from their father to their son or daughter...the first knife in many a young persons hands.

This Buck was given to me by my Father on my 10th Birthday...the first of many fine edged weapons in my collection...

BUCKKNIFE1-1.jpg

BUCKKNIFESET-1.jpg

Here's another Buck knife that I purchased while on TDY ( Travel Duty ) for the DoD in San Diego, California. I would always pick up a pocket knife and a Zippo lighter from each destination I visited...

SANDIEGOBUCK-1.jpg

I just purchased a Buck knife as my primary hunting knife. It is the same one as the one shown in your first set of pics, Shooter. Nice and wicked sharp. LL Bean also threw in a small folding Buck knife that I added to my keychain.

Although I certainly have had many Buck knives over the years, I don't think I could say it was my first.

My Dad was a big Case collector. He had many boxes of 1980's and earlier Case knives worth arguably thousands of dollars when he passed away. I have no idea where any of them went, although not long before he died he gave me a couple of knives he wanted me to have.

But I think my first knife was probably an Schrade Old Timer

Here are a few of my knives.

Originally I had given this to my Dad for his Birthday back in 1993.

knivesfamilyheirlooms004.jpg

This was his daily carry pocket knife

knivesfamilyheirlooms018.jpg

This was my Grandftathers daily carry pocket knife

knivesfamilyheirlooms016.jpg

And my Grandmothers daily carry. It was from my late uncle. As far as I know, it was issued to him by Uncle Sam.

knivesfamilyheirlooms015.jpg

This was the last set that Dad gave me.

knivesfamilyheirlooms001.jpg

knivesfamilyheirlooms013.jpg

knivesfamilyheirlooms006.jpg

knivesfamilyheirlooms005.jpg

knivesfamilyheirlooms007.jpg

knivesfamilyheirlooms017.jpg

Not knife related, but a few more "hand-me-downs"

knivesfamilyheirlooms019.jpg

And a few that I picked up on my own that I actually use instead of keepsake.

knivesfamilyheirlooms002.jpg

knivesfamilyheirlooms003.jpg

I don't have a picture of it, but I also use a 10 pc Outfitters Ridge game processing knife/saw set.

I wish I still had my old buck 110. I think I left it at an aunt and uncle's house that I lived at for a while.

I still rotate thru a few buck knives. either a buck 560, 751U and 340

Very nice John A. !! Yea, a Case or Schrade knife could easily be a kid's first knife...I've had a few slip through my collection. And I still have a bone handled knife given to me by my grandfather who was in the Navy. ( Also glad to see I'm not the only one collecting two dollar bills)...and that Marine Zippo is original. Got 57 Zippo's myself...

And walpoler and Fronty...see if you can get some pics up...that's what this thread is all about !! ;)

Not to hijack the thread but I only have a few zippo's.

The marine zippo that you already noticed, I have an old Adco brand lighter that was my Grandfathers. A John Deere and a polished stainless one.

SHOOTER13 said:
The quinessential blade from your childhood...a Buck Knife. How many here started their collections with this staple from the past...and how many will hand down an heirloom from their father to their son or daughter...the first knife in many a young persons hands.

I have both a Buck 110 and a Buck 112. Best darn knives I've ever had. They have never gotten dull after lots if use.

SHOOTER13 said:
Well...post up some pix man !!

Can only find the 112 right now. I gotta do a little digging around and see if I can remember where I put it. I apparently have crs cant remember stuff syndrome.

Well my dad can only have low or no cholesterol meat now….that means elk and venison are back on the menu for him. This was my gutting knife for a number of years, bringing back out of retirement in hopes to bag something for the old man this year
IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

Back