• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Buckshot Pattern Test

Thank you Sir.

The Hevi-Shot felt more like the #7.5 target loads, but other than that the rest of the 00 and #4 buck was about the same. The Win. PDX1 did have a bit more thump to it than the rest of 'em...

Nicely done Tony.

That #1 buck looks to be very effective. Great job put'n em all through the same hole too. Thanks for posting up your results...

the pdx looked awesome to me. At that range its all good.....well other than the birdshot but even then its better than nothing

The PDX1 is what really surprised me.

I expected much more spread out of the smaller pellets. Fired off about a half dozen rounds of it total and the spread was pretty uniform from one round to another. Good stuff by my standards...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nicely done Tony.

That #1 buck looks to be very effective. Great job put'n em all through the same hole too. Thanks for posting up your results...

At 7 yards it is like shooting slugs since there is no spreading of the buckshot.

The Olin Corp 00 buck I patterned is Winchester Super X in a green hull.

Same load, different wrapper. I've seen a few positive reviews on the Win. Ranger loads around here too...

Last time out I did some Fiocchi 00 1325fps at 10 yards all in a 10" pie plate.
Also did some Fiocchi #4 buck at 10 yards,that spread quite a bit.
Sorry forgot to take pics. :oops:

All set to go for round two this weekend. Picked up a couple more boxes of assorted 2-3/4" buckshot to pattern:

- Hornady Critical Defense 00 buck
- Remington Express Magnum 00 buck
- Federal Premium Vital Shok 00 buck
- Winchester SXZ "Personal Protection" 00 buck
- Winchester Super X Magnum 00 buck

Stay tuned for an update with target photos, performance evaluation, and comparison...

I've fired a few boxes of Hornady 00 buckshot in Critical Defense and it works fine in my shotguns. But the muzzle flash is blinding IMHO. I also bought a few boxes of Hornady TAP FPD 00 buckshot without the Versa Tite Wad and the flash is blinding as well.

That's good info.

Certainly makes follow-up shots in no/low light conditions a bit more challenging...

Back