• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Building a Game Cart

Re: Finished Game Cart

That's pretty nice.

Are those wheels off of a wheel chair?

MikeD said:
That's pretty nice.

Are those wheels off of a wheel chair?
You betcha. I was shopping for an old BMX bike at a flea market for the wheels which they didn't have until i noticed the wheel chair laying in the junk pile. Paid a dollar for it and even used the brakes on it. In the center of the wheel there's a button i can push and the wheels come off and maybe i can rig something up with an old pair of skis for the snow. I'll add other little odds and ends to fit my needs later but i don't want to over do it to the point where it starts to look ridiculous. All i will put in it is a small tent, small cook stove, little bit of food and a sleeping bag along with my hunting accessories. Shouldn't weigh too much until i put an animal in there and i wont mind the weight from a successful hunt.

Looks great.....

I do have 2 suggestions...in the corners you should put a 2x2 block the height of the sides...and glue and screw it. The screws in the endgrain of just the plywood aren't sufficient enough to hold it together. Just like the inside corners of the trailer behind it......

And paint the inside as well.

ripjack13 said:
Looks great.....

I do have 2 suggestions...in the corners you should put a 2x2 block the height of the sides...and glue and screw it. The screws in the endgrain of just the plywood aren't sufficient enough to hold it together. Just like the inside corners of the trailer behind it......

And paint the inside as well.
RJ. The sides are quarter inch wood and the ends are one inch with a bead of silicone before being screwed into place and one inch wood for the floor.

Hi Gary.
Just checkin in on ya and yer cart. Have you tried it out yet? If so...how'd it go?

ripjack13 said:
Hi Gary.
Just checkin in on ya and yer cart. Have you tried it out yet? If so...how'd it go?
Not yet RJ. Probably first week of October for Barbs hunt. For the first month we are only allowed 4 point mulies (8 point U.S.A. count) and can't include the brow tines on a muley. We will be going into a vehicle restricted area because in October it's any sized muley buck season. I see those bucks all the time in this area. The 4 pointers are a little hard to come by even though they are there. I'm sure this cart will need some improvements made to it but i'll let you know how it goes.

Right on...lookin forward to hearin about it...good luck too!!

Back