• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Building The Ultimate Home Defence Plan

A good read. Thanks for posting. Makes me want to go to the range and practice with my home defense shotgun! If ammo was more readily available I would.

Practice makes perfect, but I understand the sentiment about not wanting to shoot up your reserve ammunition.

At this point, we should all already be well versed and familiar with whatever weapon(s) we would be defending our family and ourselves with though.

But, as you guys have pointed out, we should not be complacent about practicing whenever we can.

Nor should we be complacent about the other 95% of home security from implementing passive protective measures to running practice drills at 3 a.m. Who knows what the future holds in these uncertain times?

Old saying provides the best guidance:

Failure to Plan is a Plan for Failure!

Regards

Last edited:
You can run a lot of drills without actually shooting.

This does not help with accuracy but at most HD distances, that may be enough. Learning to navigate your house with a gun, looking at angles, shot placements that do not go into your neighbors house, etc. are all good.

Back