• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bungee vs Non-Bungee Single Mount Sling

Trying to get a feel for what you all think about bungee slings such as can be found on Black Hawk and 5.11 slings. Yeas and nays, pros and cons? Whatever I end up with I want it to have a quick release clip.

KStewart said:
Trying to get a feel for what you all think about bungee slings such as can be found on Black Hawk and 5.11 slings. Yeas and nays, pros and cons? Whatever I end up with I want it to have a quick release clip.

Nobody's answered on this one yet?
I came here hoping to find some info. I haven't bought a sling yet partially for the same reason.
I am leaning toward the Magpul MS3 Rifle Multi Mission Sling System. (MAG503-BLK MAG503)
It has a quick release and can be used as single or double attaching point I'm just shopping for a good price now.
I was thinking the bungee sling might be more comfortable but also less precise. I don't know how firm the resistance is on the bungee but it seems that the spring effect will negatively impact the presentation of the long gun. As you hold it out away from your body, the bungee is fighting you to pull back in which will require more outward tension making for a mushy feel.
This is all just hot air since I have no idea and I've never used one. :oops: That is the logic (or lack thereof) which led me to the Magpul MS3

I use a simple bungee sling...I tuck the excess into the other side of the butt saddle...not very fancy but does the trick...

For a loaded 500/590 you're looking at 8-10 lbs, in which case I would stick with non- bungee adjustable sling... Preferably a traditional 2 or 3 point sling. For the best of both worlds, I have Blackhawk 3 point sling that works well and keeps the shotgun in place (across my chest) when in the slung position... And i can adjust it so its a 2 point that just goes across thecshoulder. A single point attachment will never keep you scatter gun out of the way, and the weight will rotate the sling in such a way that it will drag the shotgun on the ground... I'll try to grab a pic of my sling as it sits on me :)

I just wanted to throw this in-when you present any long arm-you're not trying to hold it away from your body. You're wanting to hold it tight in your shoulder. So you shouldn't really notice any resistance from the spring when aiming.

I only dislike the bungie system because I don't want it bouncing excessively if I have to let it hang (out of ammo-going for my side arm, for example).

Back