• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

California shooting

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I was reading about the santa monica shooter and they had some pictures of the weapons the shooter supposedly had.

Anyone else want to opine how a stripped upper is going to shoot at anyone?

Not just considering it doesn't have a lower, but it doesn't even have a bolt carrier group in it either.

a12c082135413413340f6a7067008ae4.jpg

5d4a231835473413340f6a7067004238.jpg

I've also never seen a blue 30 round magazine like those before either. Are those blue gun training mags?

http://www.amazon.com/Rings-Blue-Guns-T ... B007RJR9LA

I was wondering if anyone else was going to catch that.

What do you reckon the rate of fire is on a half a rifle and a handgun that you have to tamp and use patches behind a ball?

Seems there are far more shootings going on lately. You don't think the left-wingers are recruiting "crazies" with promises to take care of their families in order to push their agenda, do you? Been thinking that for awhile now...

John A. said:
I was wondering if anyone else was going to catch that.

What do you reckon the rate of fire is on a half a rifle and a handgun that you have to tamp and use patches behind a ball?

There's some more pics here: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... 2879.story . Pic 9 is a view of the revolver looking into the cylinder, where you can see at least 2 chambers loaded. Looked like yellow grease patch pretty far down in so likely a very light load. Couldn't tell if it still had caps on the nipples, but it doesn't appear to have been fired. The loaded chambers are on the wrong side for it to have fired more than 1 shot.

I think the cops probably disassembled the rifle for the dog and pony show.

picture 5 showing the shooter walking through a door, is NOT carrying the AR15 shown on the evidence table.

The one that is shown on the table is an old CAR15, as evidenced of the 11.5" barrel, 5.5" barrel extension, and triangle handguard.

That is entirely absent in the surveillance photo.

If photo 32 is of the shooter, I don't see him wearing armor, or any signs of a weapon or bag.

OhioArcher said:
Seems there are far more shootings going on lately. You don't think the left-wingers are recruiting "crazies" with promises to take care of their families in order to push their agenda, do you? Been thinking that for awhile now...

Never really divulged in conspiracy theories... but nowadays it's very well possible that something like that could happen and would be used to further some ones agenda!

OhioArcher said:
I posted something almost exactly to this effect when my buddy presented this story on Facebook... just so happens Obama was within 10 miles, hardly anyone was killed across a town and a campus(where it's policed mind you for the assisted suicide), a whole duffle bag of standard capacity mags are just left behind for show and the guy is unidentified, but I bet someone HE knows is very well off right now...

tool

Poopypants said:
OhioArcher said:
I posted something almost exactly to this effect when my buddy presented this story on Facebook... just so happens Obama was within 10 miles, hardly anyone was killed across a town and a campus(where it's policed mind you for the assisted suicide), a whole duffle bag of standard capacity mags are just left behind for show and the guy is unidentified, but I bet someone HE knows is very well off right now...

tool

Does seem like a lot of unexplained inconsistencies with this. I wonder if any of the newsies picked up on the things we've discussed here. The Blue mag, the rifle, the revolver, etc.

In reading about this they point out that he had earlier run ins with the police, but they can't comment further. He had family issues, but they can't comment further. What can they do? Roll out the weaponry and comment on how much ammo he had. As is often the case, the bad guy was stopped by a good guy with a gun. It's either that or suicide but they won't stop shooting until forced to.

Looks like he was turned down to buy a gun and built one with parts he bought including a receiver with the serial number removed. When someone want to do something evil, no law will stop them.

The gunman in a fatal shooting spree in Santa Monica tried to legally buy a firearm in 2011 but was denied by the Justice Department, the city’s police chief announced Thursday evening at a news conference that revealed more details about the events that led up to the deadly rampage.

Investigators believe John Zawahri, who suffered from mental illness, built a semi-automatic rifle capable of firing .223-caliber ammunition using parts he bought from various sources around the country, Santa Monica Police Sgt. Richard Lewis said.

Officials would not say why Zawahri's quest to obtain a firearm two years ago was halted. Despite the rejection, Zawahri was able to obtain "an array" of high-capacity magazines that he used in a homemade weapon.

“We know that his was a troubled life and that he experienced mental health challenges,” Seabrooks said at a 7 p.m. news conference.

“We believe that his mental health challenges likely played a role in his decisions to shoot and kill both his father and his brother, to set fire to the family home and to go on a 13-minute shooting spree spanning roughly 1 ½ miles and which left five innocent people dead and three people injured.”

The Santa Monica police chief said components of the shooter’s rifle were legal to own, but the weapon he created was not.

The modifications Zawahri made to a lower receiver created an illegal AR-15-type rifle, Seabrooks said. Lewis said the lower receiver does not have a serial number.

I'll gander....

They probably took it apart because in its original form, it was illegal. So they made it legal. The BP revolver is one that he was able to buy w/o a permit, then loaded it incorrectly and tried to shoot it but failed.

The colorful mags look to be spray painted/ceracoated. The bluegun do not have a hole at the bottom? I'd have to look to be certain.

Also...if the newsies were smart we would not have have of all these fiascos that seem to be popping up everywhere. They would have actually questioned stuff.

Dammit. My phone cuts me off. Wtf!
Anyhow....the newsies would have asked jarring questions. Not just sensationalizing crap. They should have asked the same questions we do...but they are not firearm learned. They lost their credibility with me long ago....

I have a question.....the mags on the left. Where's the gun for them? Those are much wider than the ones on the right....

Not sure if it's just an optical illusion due to them being closer, but if they are larger (front to back) than they may possibly go to an AR10 (308)

Back