• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

California shotgun

NNoooooooooooooooo

Y not? It doesn't have the same issues as a KSG ejecting shells onto your wrist. It is an extremely compact design which is good for indoor/HD type of scenario. I'd say about the only weird thing about it is how unattractive it looks. Too many weird moving parts that might not engage properly and cause a malfunction? I do agree it would be some weird articulation and such compared to the conventional pump gun but you could just train with it to get used to the functions and different locations of things. Not sure how the safety works on that thing either. From videos it looks to function generally just fine. I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the negatives of that setup.

Y not? It doesn't have the same issues as a KSG ejecting shells onto your wrist. It is an extremely compact design which is good for indoor/HD type of scenario. I'd say about the only weird thing about it is how unattractive it looks. Too many weird moving parts that might not engage properly and cause a malfunction? I do agree it would be some weird articulation and such compared to the conventional pump gun but you could just train with it to get used to the functions and different locations of things. Not sure how the safety works on that thing either. From videos it looks to function generally just fine. I'm just trying to wrap my brain around the negatives of that setup.

Man, I say GO FOR IT. Really. If it shoots and is reliable and points well I have absolutely nothing against it.

Really. People should own what they want and like.

Other than it is just unconventional looking and I'm known for being almost 100% traditional as far as firearms. I am a dinosaur facing extinction.

Get the bullpen kit, and enjoy the heck out of it. I was just sorta having a bit of fun, pard.

It's like seeing somebody driving a HUMMER H3 and they are proud of it, but I know that it is just a five-cylinder Chevy Colorado with a different body. I would never tell them to not buy and enjoy their H3.

You want to take your 88 and dress it up to look more sexy and all, and it doesn't change the base gun much at all then DO IT. I'd be proud that you made your basic 88 a special looking gun.

Best Wishes.

Man, I say GO FOR IT. Really. If it shoots and is reliable and points well I have absolutely nothing against it.

Really. People should own what they want and like.

Other than it is just unconventional looking and I'm known for being almost 100% traditional as far as firearms. I am a dinosaur facing extinction.

Get the bullpen kit, and enjoy the heck out of it. I was just sorta having a bit of fun, pard.

It's like seeing somebody driving a HUMMER H3 and they are proud of it, but I know that it is just a five-cylinder Chevy Colorado with a different body. I would never tell them to not buy and enjoy their H3.

You want to take your 88 and dress it up to look more sexy and all, and it doesn't change the base gun much at all then DO IT. I'd be proud that you made your basic 88 a special looking gun.

Best Wishes.

All good, I was just curious as far as a functional standpoint if I'm not seeing some down fall that you may see. I understand that you personally prefer a more classic design as do I. The only alluring aspect of this to me is how compact it is, making maneuvering in a house easier. Sorry OP for hijacking your thread. This is the last I will speak of this so things may get back on track for you.

Back