• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cam pics

Dogs hell they may get some scraps. Butts shoulders hams back straps and loins feeds friends family and local food bank.

Oh I thought this was a big old tough one not fit for human consumption.

No actually the sows even large ones usually pretty good. Now often a big old boar can certainly be rank but not always the case. You can usually tell right away. If its nasty it goes in a field for coyote bait.
I really hope this one just passing thru i dont wanna mess with it. That stand is a solid 40 minute hike and no way to get any type of vehicle back in there.

If it found anything to munch and nibble on at your stand, it'll be back. You can count on it.

Then they'll be back. No doubt.

And maybe even run off the deers for a while if they're territorial enough over the vittles.

pig trap?

I have no idea what's legal nowadays.

I just remember all those steel jawed traps hanging in Grandpa's basement. . . .

State laws differ a lot. Only thing about them though is you don't know what you'll catch.

Yes I imagine a steel trap is pretty indiscriminant.

You might be really put out if you happen to catch a skunk by accident.

Yes I imagine a steel trap is pretty indiscriminant.

You might be really put out if you happen to catch a skunk by accident.

I caught a few skunks in live/humane traps back in the day. I caught 5 over the course of a single summer. Whole clan of them made a den under my chicken coop. I got a lot of of practice making 100yd shots with my .22 Savage rifle. 100 yards wasn’t nearly far enough away to suit my nose, but it was better than nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya know we got a dang pig problem down here. I went a bit further out to another favorite spot im trying hard to get in deer mode. Moved a camera to see whats hitting another proven spot were acorns fall pretty heavy and no one else ever goes. Dammit man. Its time for pork chop massacre which is fine but it pretty much blows up the deer spot for awhile. As for traps we build big traps 4 foot wire fence panels and t posts 20 to 30 foot diameter its alot of work and no one is gonna haul stuff and tend traps this far out in woods. Time for a couple all day sits pack a lunch and do some killin.PICT0071.JPG PICT0086.JPG PICT0072-1.JPG fat hassa with a bunch of younguns.
Icing on cake bow only area, so only get one unless real lucky or really fast.

Get momma first. A few others may not make it to adult hood.

But if you can only get off one shot, let it be momma.

Been a while since the topic was updated. Been getting tons of pictures this spring.

I saw this picture of a turkey that had apparently been rolling around in dusty dirt to keep the mites off much the same way that chickens do and it was shaking the dust off.

Don't see many pictures like that so I thought I would share.

OFyvoN8.jpg

I had to take a second look at this one. For a minute, I thought it was a Siamese twin.

Or for those that play fallout4, a red stag.

cnMj93e.jpg

I remembered this thread, because the other day I got some rank pig meat.

It was a pork shoulder with the blade in and I prepared it, brine injected it, mustard rubbed it, and slathered it with a whole lot of expensive spices.

Then I smoked it on the Weber for 11 hours at 240F.

I ended up feeding about 90% of it to the dogs. I don't know what they were feeding this pig but it was more gamey than a bull moose.

20180902_160437.jpg 20180902_160456_HDR.jpg 20180902_160343_HDR.jpg 20180902_160420_HDR.jpg 20180902_160512_HDR.jpg Its that time if year again. Bow season on doorstep. Been checking cams on new place in Georgia a couple weeks had plenty of doe active night and day but lack of any bucks till i today ☺ no monster mountain donkeys but nice to see couple horns. Weve id 4 diff bucks so far, sorry crap pics they are literally pictures of pics on my tablet from phone il do better soon. Now il get a lil more serious.

In a very rare switch, I have more bucks than doe this year.

There is a 10 pt, a 6 pt, and a gnarly 5 or 6 pt. hanging out regularly.

I don't know why, but we don't have as many nuts falling this year as usual. And we've had a lot of rain this year too, so I don't know why the nut production is so little.

I'm going to be giving them corn as a supplement for them for the next couple of months to try to help them through the winter. I may not even deer hunt this fall unless something changes. But I only have 6 or 7 deer coming to the salt lick, so I don't want to put any more pressure on them than they are dealing with already.

This is one of those times when I stop hunting and start conserving.

In a very rare switch, I have more bucks than doe this year.

There is a 10 pt, a 6 pt, and a gnarly 5 or 6 pt. hanging out regularly.

I don't know why, but we don't have as many nuts falling this year as usual. And we've had a lot of rain this year too, so I don't know why the nut production is so little.

I'm going to be giving them corn as a supplement for them for the next couple of months to try to help them through the winter. I may not even deer hunt this fall unless something changes. But I only have 6 or 7 deer coming to the salt lick, so I don't want to put any more pressure on them than they are dealing with already.

This is one of those times when I stop hunting and start conserving.

Conservation !!! Nah aint youbone of them gun owning hunters who just slaughters all life !!! Lol
I agree buddy sometimes back off a year or two and hunt elsewhere
Its smart steward of the land and herd.

When I was growing up there in the 70's, there were no deer there. I've worked too hard to blow it now.

I have seen the elk disappear due to the state tranquilizing and moving them to the next county near where they plan on opening up that animal preserve and "school" (I use the term loosely, it's mostly a bunch of animal rights activist people).

I've seen the state introduce coyotes in our mountains and watched the grouse and turkey population steadily decrease. Grouse is virtually extinct in my area now. Turkeys have been declining far too quickly too also because of the predators.

I'm a far better steward of the land than the state wildlife and game commission are.

At least I don't do stupid stuff. They seem to excel at it.

If there is some sort of federal program handing out grant money, they'd introduce alligators to family swimming pools if they think they could make a dollar from it. Then protect the alligators from the homeowners.

They suck.

When I was growing up there in the 70's, there were no deer there. I've worked too hard to blow it now.

I have seen the elk disappear due to the state tranquilizing and moving them to the next county near where they plan on opening up that animal preserve and "school" (I use the term loosely, it's mostly a bunch of animal rights activist people).

I've seen the state introduce coyotes in our mountains and watched the grouse and turkey population steadily decrease. Grouse is virtually extinct in my area now. Turkeys have been declining far too quickly too also because of the predators.

I'm a far better steward of the land than the state wildlife and game commission are.

At least I don't do stupid stuff. They seem to excel at it.

If there is some sort of federal program handing out grant money, they'd introduce alligators to family swimming pools if they think they could make a dollar from it. Then protect the alligators from the homeowners.

They suck.
Ever heard of kudzu ?? How about the millions of Walbachia infected genetically altered mosquitos being release by the Gov to maybe help curb mosquitos population ???? Maybe it works maybe it wont harm animals eating said infected skeeters ??? Time will tell. Lol

Last edited:
Back