• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Can’t find barrels

I’m new here and I hope this is the appropriate place to post this but does any one know of where I can find a 930 security barrel? The 18.5 in plain jane riot barrel? Every online store is out of stock and no one here in Muncie Indiana has any.

You might find one on debay or Gunbroker but expect to pay a premium. Sadly, higher prices for barrels are a sign of the times. Alternately, if you get a good deal on a "field" (hunting, ie: longer) barrel, you could have it shortened.

Welcome Aboard! :)

OP, you might check a web site called everygunpart.com

They sell demilled weapons and their parts kits are typically complete except for the receiver. No FFL required. Their inventory changes on a day to day basis but they typically have a number of Mossberg guns, mostly the popular 500's, but others occasionally. You can likely buy one of these parts kits for what folks are asking for just a new barrel. But be aware these are used weapons. The company does have a rating system and pictures on line plus typically has a 10% off coupon that comes up after you look at a offering or two.

I'm not sure if they take requests but you might ask them and put you name on a wait list for a 930 kit.

Good luck and Regards

Barrels of all shapes and sizes are hard to get these days. I checked out the everygunpart.com site and there’s lots of interesting stuff there. Good luck!

OP, you might check a web site called everygunpart.com

They sell demilled weapons and their parts kits are typically complete except for the receiver. No FFL required. Their inventory changes on a day to day basis but they typically have a number of Mossberg guns, mostly the popular 500's, but others occasionally. You can likely buy one of these parts kits for what folks are asking for just a new barrel. But be aware these are used weapons. The company does have a rating system and pictures on line plus typically has a 10% off coupon that comes up after you look at a offering or two.

I'm not sure if they take requests but you might ask them and put you name on a wait list for a 930 kit.

Good luck and Regards
Thank you I will check them out very soon!

You might find one on debay or Gunbroker but expect to pay a premium. Sadly, higher prices for barrels are a sign of the times. Alternately, if you get a good deal on a "field" (hunting, ie: longer) barrel, you could have it shortened.

Welcome Aboard! :)
I have thought about that but I am unsure if the length of the barrel correlates with the size of the gas holes in said barrel (I think this is referred to as “lead time”, please correct me if I’m wrong). If so, it is probable that shortening it could affect the amount of gas inlet in these wholes and could induce malfunctions.

However since I’m unsure I am hesitant to do so as the only barrels I could find are the turkey barrels and they are slightly pricey.

I have thought about that but I am unsure if the length of the barrel correlates with the size of the gas holes in said barrel (I think this is referred to as “lead time”, please correct me if I’m wrong). If so, it is probable that shortening it could affect the amount of gas inlet in these wholes and could induce malfunctions.

However since I’m unsure I am hesitant to do so as the only barrels I could find are the turkey barrels and they are slightly pricey.
I wasn't quite paying attention to your model (930) and assumed you were talking a pump gun.

You could be correct regarding porting and "lead time". Thinking about the mechanics of it all, the powder continues to burn and expand as it is held in the barrel that extra ~10", which I think would require smaller ports to get the same cycling effect as a shorter barrel. So chopping the barrel would not allow as much gas to flow in the smaller ports and cycling could be affected. In theory... ;)

Back