• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Canada’s Senate Passes 2nd Reading of Bill C-71

cmcdonald

Boating Accident Victim
Staff member
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Hey guys,

Found this article... https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...-government-presses-for-even-more-gun-control
in my inbox today and thought I’d take a moment and post it up, mostly cuz it’s a US publication and we appreciate the support.

I’ve posted about this bill before but we are only one more reading away from it becoming law.

I am swamped with family responsibilities at the moment but have launched my displeasure numerous times, in numerous ways over the preceding months.

Just remember my friends, they will not be satisfied until you have NO GUNS AT ALL. They’re like the Terminator...they DO NOT STOP! They will keep at it until only the criminals are armed and we are all left at their “mercy”.

We have some pretty overarching and all around restrictive laws up here and licensed gun owners are run thru the national police database every 24 hours watching for a reason to seize your legally owned firearms.

This is not enough for them; because every vetted and licenced gun owner is a criminal in waiting apparently.

Never stop fighting and writing and yelling and stomping your feet. Be heard fellas. Make sure of it!!

The liberals in the USA have a new tactic. They are trying to subvert the rights of lawful gun owners at the local level. Take away enough guns in enough cities and communities and then work up to the federal level. It is a never ending ordeal. They want complete control of the populace. The only way to accomplish their agenda is to disarm the citizens.

The liberals in the USA have a new tactic. They are trying to subvert the rights of lawful gun owners at the local level. Take away enough guns in enough cities and communities and then work up to the federal level. It is a never ending ordeal. They want complete control of the populace. The only way to accomplish their agenda is to disarm the citizens.
@meanstreak It’s going that way here too.

We have a few large city mayors calling for an all out national handgun ban and the mayor of Canada’s largest city - Toronto, John Tory has essentially said all firearms owners should leave the city. Top it off with a virtue signalling asshat, millionaire trust-fund baby as Prime Minister with dubious qualifications at best and you have the makings of a truly national disaster.

I am prepared to "lose" all my guns in the lake or from theft. When the SHTF, myself and mine will not be victims. There very well could be a civil war in the US because of elites wanting to "ban" guns and hopefully the ones calling for confiscation will be the first useless souls to be culled... Just thinking out loud, that's all. ;) Do NOT give up your guns willingly--an unjust law is NOT a law!

the Clintons started their tour in Canada you know .....its all a globalist thing anyway.
Yeah I heard those douches are charging an arm and a leg so people can hear Bill and Hillary pontificate about how bad Trump and the Repubs are...can’t believe people would actually PAY to sit and listen to those lying windbags.

Youre lucky youre not living in Sweden ;) I will quote myself here from a comment i made under a Forgotten Weapons Youtube video. You cannot just go and buy a weapon, you can only get a weapon on a hunting license or competition type of license

For hunting weapons you need to take a course ( you pay for it - from aprox 2500 sek ( $280 ) and more ) in hunting / knowledge of Swedish wildlife / weapon safety etc. which consists of a theoretical part and one practical.

The theory part ends with a written tests of 80 questions about wildlife, species, rules, safety, laws etc. of which you are allowed to have a maximum of 10 wrong answers. If you fail, you can do the test again later. Each test cost a small amount of money ( $30 ). The practical test consists of weapon safety and different shooting tests with shotgun, rifle in cal 22 and the final big game test with a full caliber hunting rifle ( .308 ). Its at a shooting range with normal paper targets and moving targets. you have to have x amount of correct series to get approved. If you fail these you can do the tests again, and these also tests costs a small amount of money.

When you have succeded in the theoretical and practical tests, you get a hunting exam certificate, a small paper card with your picture and approval stamps. Now, you can apply for a rifle license, one licence for each rifle you get, but you need to get a certified ( SSF 3492 ) weapon safe first which costs from aprox 2500 sek and more, depending on size / manufacturer. First rifle licence costs aprox 750 sek ( $85 ). The next rifle license and the ones after that costs aprox 250 sek ( $30 ) each. You apply for these licenses at the closest police station. It can take a while to get them thanks to slow handling ( lazy ? ) bureaucracy, it can take from a few weeks to months, depending on where in the country you applied. It even differs from city to city. If you have a non criminal record ( no hard crimes and such ), are mentally stable and are considered a "good" citizen you get you licence.

Every doctor in the Swedish medical system are by law forced to tell the police if they find a patient who owns guns but are / have become mentally unstable and can be a danger to others so their permit can be cancelled. Doing a bigger crime will result in the same cancellation of weapon licenses. Police will confiscate your weapons.

Getting pistol licenses are a different story...

btw.. Clintons are criminals ;)

Last edited:
Tyranny by ballot. Elect the wrong scoundrels and you get tyranny. Right now it is manifesting itself in the political correctness police. Ruining peoples lives over something that happened decades ago if they are on the wrong side, yet giving a pass to those that are part of their machine.

One glaring example of this is the way the Roseann Barr incident was handled versus the way the Jimmie Kimmel and Jimmie Fallon blackface incidents are being handled. No action apparently is necessary in their cases because they spew the lefts rhetoric every evening, and yet was fired immediately and her show canceled.

Another example are the "groups" on the left. Antifa, BLM, so on and so forth. Can you imagine if a right wing group actually committed the violent acts that those groups have committed . They not only are on news video, but elected officials come to their defense.

Ok, sorry for the rant. I know I'm preaching to the choir.

@meanstreak let it out brother, sometimes it helps. I lost a,couple,friends over something i wrote awhile back similar but more pointed. I was sick of the same deal, basically I,said: if ya feel the need to dig up a slave owners corpse and beat on it piss on it whatever go ahead have at it. But slaves and slave owners in america are,long dead.... Get over it and move on, or move out !!!
:punish:
Extreme, offensive maybe meant every dang word.

Another example are the "groups" on the left. Antifa, BLM, so on and so forth. Can you imagine if a right wing group actually committed the violent acts that those groups have committed . They not only are on news video, but elected officials come to their defense.

Another issue is the vilification of what WE would consider to be "good" groups like the NRA. "Patriotic" is almost a bad term now. Same with "militia" or "prepper". Discretion is the better part of valor...

Back