• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Canadian Members DO NOT BUY!!!!!

A

Anonymous

If you live north of the border and are thinking about purchasing this ugly useless POS pistol think about what you are supporting. A useless FAD. Not to mention if this pistol comes to Canada it may essentially make all 25 round mags for the 715T prohib. Mossberg is already asking all 715T owners to send in their 25 round mags in exchange for the 10 round ones. Really? how bout a full refund Mossberg!!! I will never purchase another mossberg product as long as I live, I have sold both my 715T as well as my MVP. Piss off MOSSBERG! eh :cool:

I understand your frustration but lets keep it clean.

zeuce said:
If you live north of the border and are thinking about purchasing this ugly useless POS pistol think about what you are supporting. A useless FAD. Not to mention if this pistol comes to Canada it may essentially make all 25 round mags for the 715T prohib. Mossberg is already asking all 715T owners to send in their 25 round mags in exchange for the 10 round ones. Really? how bout a full refund Mossberg!!! I will never purchase another mossberg product as long as I live, I have sold both my 715T as well as my MVP. #@©& YOU MOSSBERG! eh :cool:

I understand your frustation, but at the same time I'm not sure how this is Mossberg's fault. It's Canada's gunlaws that are screwing you over, not Mossberg. You have to remember that just like any other company their trying to market products that are going to sell.

Their biggest market of course being the U.S. Do I think it was an oversight on Mossberg's part that by producing the pistol your 25rnd mags would automatically become illegal... yes I do, and I doubt anyone thought of it during the production phase. But at least they're offering some type of solution for you to remain legal in Canada.

So yes... it F'n sucks that you have to exchange your 25 rounds mags for 10 rounders... I'd be pissed as well. But you gotta look at the bigger picture and point the finger at who's really at fault... ;)

Good point AK.

zeuce,

I really hate to see you're getting screwed over like this. We're constantly fighting to make sure things like this don't happen here in the U.S. Have you made any attempts to contact your gov. officials with your grievance?

Probably like most of us up here he's just had it with all the bs. I will echo LES's sentiment that unless we put pressure on the lawmakers we can't expect a for profit company to look after us. I have written more emails in the last year to gov't reps than I have in my whole life.

My personal feeling is it's more about securing sales now rather than looking forward into the bigger picture. We are a relatively small market up here and though it would be nice if our predicament was recognized and companies took the longer view of advocating along side the pro gun lobby and owners here in Canada to ease restrictions and increase their sales.

But, like the saying goes "money talks and bull$h1t walks".....

Thanks for the input cmcdonald.

Good luck up there and keep on fighting the good fight...

zeuce said:
If you live north of the border and are thinking about purchasing this ugly useless POS pistol think about what you are supporting. A useless FAD. Not to mention if this pistol comes to Canada it may essentially make all 25 round mags for the 715T prohib. Mossberg is already asking all 715T owners to send in their 25 round mags in exchange for the 10 round ones. Really? how bout a full refund Mossberg!!! I will never purchase another mossberg product as long as I live, I have sold both my 715T as well as my MVP. Piss off MOSSBERG! eh :cool:

why are you blaming a weapons manufacturer that has to obey laws in YOUR country of origin...seems your anger is not well aimed???

SHTFAR15 said:
zeuce said:

why are you blaming a weapons manufacturer that has to obey laws in YOUR country of origin...seems your anger is not well aimed???

Its easy to criticize when you don't experience the frustration of having to deal with the nonsense up here. Though Mossberg is not required to do anything for their Canadian customers, they would be wise to. If there are problems with owning Mossbergs in Canada due to conflicting legislation then it is INCUMBENT on the manufacturer to navigate the system in which they choose to market their products.

A seller who doesn't care whether their product is useful or whatever to their client is in jeopardy of losing that client...that is just simple business. No crying of the blues required...that's just the way of a capitalist market. If Mossberg feels it is not in their best interest to remain viable with Canadians they can simply withdraw from the market or Canadians simply won't purchase their products.

There is much room for improvement in our system. Our laws governing firearms are restrictive...no doubt or argument there. There are many of us (gun owners) who are very vocal and active with respect to lobbying our government for changes. As you may or may not be aware...that is usually a very long, frustrating and arduous process.

I happen to agree with you cmcdonald.

cmcdonald said:
SHTFAR15 said:
zeuce said:

Its easy to criticize when you don't experience the frustration of having to deal with the nonsense up here. Though Mossberg is not required to do anything for their Canadian customers, they would be wise to. If there are problems with owning Mossbergs in Canada due to conflicting legislation then it is INCUMBENT on the manufacturer to navigate the system in which they choose to market their products.

A seller who doesn't care whether their product is useful or whatever to their client is in jeopardy of losing that client...that is just simple business. No crying of the blues required...that's just the way of a capitalist market. If Mossberg feels it is not in their best interest to remain viable with Canadians they can simply withdraw from the market or Canadians simply won't purchase their products.

There is much room for improvement in our system. Our laws governing firearms are restrictive...no doubt or argument there. There are many of us (gun owners) who are very vocal and active with respect to lobbying our government for changes. As you may or may not be aware...that is usually a very long, frustrating and arduous process.
^^^This!!!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

One simple thing was missed in the marketing in Canada by Mossberg. Other manufactures faced the same problem and sold the same mags under different labels (10 round for pistols and 10 and 25 round for rifles). I won't name them as most of us up here know who they are.

That just goes to show how much actual research and rational thought goes into which firearms and accessories are deemed to comply or not with the regs of the Canadian Firearms Program. It's a very arbitrary system, and I don't know that the logic (or lack thereof) applied by the writers can actually be made sense of.

One simple thing was missed in the marketing in Canada by Mossberg. Other manufactures faced the same problem and sold the same mags under different labels (10 round for pistols and 10 and 25 round for rifles). I won't name them as most of us up here know who they are.
I think I read recently that one of those just "made the black-list" of the CFP.....

I must be missing something. I would certainly rather have a gun with a 10 round mag than no gun at all. Whats the big deal about not having a 25 round mag? One of my own favorite guns is a Mossberg 30-06 and it only holds 5 rounds.

What you probably missed was in the title: "canadian"

Canadian gun laws are different than what are in the U.S.

And what is being discussed is that mossberg is making a pistol that would in effect cause another gun that is currently in possession and regularly exported to canada (the mossberg 715) to be in violation/noncompliance with their laws, so the topic is a warning.

If I may, I don't think capacity is the issue here.

The issue is having something you already own taken away from you because some bureaucrat deemed it suddenly illegal...

It's a little of both. Any rifle that uses a pistol compatible mag will be limited to 10 rds. Whether it's a .22 or not.

The crappy part comes when the rifle is long established...like the 715T and any size mag is acceptable because it's a .22lr. So when the pistol version (715P) is introduced aka: Johnny come lately....it makes the current owners furious that they can no longer use the hi-cap mags without being in violation of the law.

I like my 715T. Shoots great. Bought the 25 rd mag at Canadian tire store. I prefer the 10 rd it just feels better when i hold it and i shoot only 10 rds on a target to score anyway. Fun gun !

Wow, Blast from the past!!

Welcome to the Forum Skyguy

Back