• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cap n Ball Revolvers

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
0403202318a_HDR.jpg 0402202202.jpg 0326200007.jpg 0327202214a.jpg 0325201813.jpg 1206191411.jpg 0403202318a_HDR.jpg 0402202202.jpg 0326200007.jpg 0327202214a.jpg 0325201813.jpg 1206191411.jpg Any one else enjoy or shoot em. Well as history repeats , I break out the BP revolvers when I dont wanna burn alot of cartridges. Heres mine im partial to .36 calibers for several reasons ,
The .44 BP Has virtually no ballistic advantage , yes some argue.....
The .36 uses less raw materials powder and lead.
The .36 is simply a sweetheart especially an 1851, perhaps best natural pointing accurate handgun ever made.
Smoke em or post em if ya got am gents0402202202.jpg 0326200007.jpg 0327202214a.jpg 0325201813.jpg 1206191411.jpg

Wish I could... but I haven't bought mine yet...

In the Uk BP firearms are classed the same as any other firearm, so you have to have a "slot" on your Firearm Certificate specifically for one... and an Explosives Licence to hold the BP.

I've got both, just haven't gotten around to ordering one... I'll probably go with a Pietta Remington NMA, although I'm very tempted to get the BP version of the Colt SAA... we can't have a cartidge version, but can have a BP version.

Head says NMA, heart says SAA...

I miss having a cap & ball revolver. When I was in college, I had one that I picked up at a pawn shop for about $50. It had a brass frame and it eventually loosened up too much to shoot safely. One of these days I'll buy another one. Probably an 1858.

Those are just beautiful pieces of hardware DJ...super jelly. Love me some old cowboy guns. Reminds me of the set of die cast, chrome six shooter cap guns I had as a kid...part of my Lone Ranger get up. Lol!

Those are just beautiful pieces of hardware DJ...super jelly. Love me some old cowboy guns. Reminds me of the set of die cast, chrome six shooter cap guns I had as a kid...part of my Lone Ranger get up. Lol!
I remember my lone ranger set very well, dad came home from Vietnam, took me to kmart said I could have anything I wanted I picked the lone ranger set with guns holster rig mask etc..... He left again like 6 days later went back for another run. He did that 3 times.

Yeah I loved those guns! I had the white hat, lace up shirt...the whole rig. For those days I didn't want to be the Lone Ranger, I had chaps that matched my Dad's and leather vest I'd wear. Lol...I'll hafta try to find some of those old pics, they're hysterical.

index.php

I'm curious about the finish on the center gun in this pic. Was it "aged" like that when you bought it, did you do something to age it, or is it just a really old gun? I love the way it looks so well used!

Also, what are your thoughts on .44 vs .36 for guns like these?

This arrived Thursday at my door. Uberti 1861 Navy .36 caliber. Now to track down caps and balls and the proper tools. I found some black powder at a local shop yesterday. image.jpeg

You guys have me thinking about BP now. ;) I have just about everything except the gun. Few pounds of .36 balls and a couple different grades of powder. Acquired the stuff at an auction--no one knew what it was--I think I paid around $22 total... :D I figured the BP could be handy for other incendiary uses... :devil:

So what is an inexpensive pistol going to cost me? Like parkerized or something... :D

mine was $339.00 at midwayusa before taxes and shipping. That added another $41.00. Now it's the other stuff when I can find it.

Back