• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Carry Handle Modifications

The shroud is 8" long and 1.125" in diameter. I modified the quad rail so that there is 7.75" of barrel. The shroud will extend past the barrel about 1/4".

good that the conversion worked out. I dont know if i would tear up my new gun that drastically but i also think that some ppl can pull off some bad ass custom work on guns like these.

I personally dont see what the big discrimmination against carry handles is all about. I like being able to resort back to iron sights without tinkering at all. I mean, what are you going to do if SHTF and your red dot batteries die? Hopefully you have a spare stored in your vertical grip or something lol. Dont hate, appreciate

stickyricky3 said:
I personally dont see what the big discrimmination against carry handles is all about.

i had the carry handle at first when i bought this P.O.S. gun. I could not get it sighted because of the carry handle...i was low, rear sights needed raised, i still had travel to raise them, but the carry handle blocked the view of the front sight. at least with the flot top version, the front sight was adjustable too.

stickyricky3 said:
I personally dont see what the big discrimmination against carry handles is all about. I like being able to resort back to iron sights without tinkering at all. I mean, what are you going to do if SHTF and your red dot batteries die? Hopefully you have a spare stored in your vertical grip or something lol. Dont hate, appreciate

You can have iron sights without the cary handle.

Now I don't know anything about the "Tactical" Mossberg 22 but if the SHTF and that's your gun in a fight you'll likely have other problems long before your red dot dies. And deploying a buis requires zero tinkering and zero time.

speedyquad said:
stickyricky3 said:
I personally dont see what the big discrimmination against carry handles is all about.

i had the carry handle at first when i bought this P.O.S. gun. I could not get it sighted because of the carry handle...i was low, rear sights needed raised, i still had travel to raise them, but the carry handle blocked the view of the front sight. at least with the flot top version, the front sight was adjustable too.

Sorry i havent had time to go through all the topics but did you sell yours? I just today was looking at a S&W 15-22 man that thing looks sweet, i like that the gun is the same format as the ar15.

yes i did sell it...i had no faith in it at all...i took that money and put it toward a M&P 15-22...

the 15-22 is a much better built firearm...it is an ar platform sort of...it's much easier to disassemble for cleaning...what ever optics you choose are solidly mounted as opposed to being attached to a clamshell...making it a little more consistent. the mags are not an amalgamation of metal and plastic...nothing needs polishing or trimming to get it to work right.

Thats B.A. yeah after I saw that one and handled it for a few moments I was already to move on. I dont know how but my 715t somehow works well so might hang onto it for a bit but I'm honestly debating on a m&p 15-22 or getting an actual 223/556 AR

i was torn between the 3..the lower price led me to the 715t first...and i had a friend that had one...i handled it a little bit and liked it..he was going to let me shoot it, but stuff kept coming up so i just ought one...then i found out it had to go back to mossberg for the same thing that my first issue was. after the 2nd trip back, i decided i wanted to sell it and look into the other 2 options...at the time a 223 was way out of the price range i was willing to pay and ammo was impossible to get plus i already had about 1200 rd of 22 from having the mossy. so i decided on the 15-22...i waited about 2 months to find the smith at the right priceless than retail actually.

my wife needs a carry gun so another M&P 40c is our next gun purchase...then the real ar will be next...

Yeah there ya go. Mine wants a carry gun too but for some reason she is after a pink lady 38 special with 2" barrel and is stuck on that. What ever floats your boat i guess.

IMAG0125_BURST002.jpg
I know its been a while but full conversion to flat top and painted

Mosshopper, it may just be the camera angle, but I swear it looks like the muzzlebrake is not centered on the end of that barrel to me.

Mosshopper, it may just be the camera angle, but I swear it looks like the muzzlebrake is not centered on the end of that barrel to me.

John, I think it looks that way 'cause of the cut-out on the top of the brake...and the camera angle...

ncstpicam1022bl.jpg

Maybe you're right about the cut out. That's probably it, but from that angle, it just looked off.

Back