• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

cheek weld on red dot

psychoz1111

Copper BB
I just put a rail on my mossberg 500 and a cheap red dot sight i got offline.

When i go to put my face on the stock, i guess the sight mounts a bit high becuase i can only see the top 1/3 of the red dot sight. I have to lift my cheek off the stock and almost put my chin on it to see the actual red dot.

Is this normal for red dot sights? What can i do to to fix this, maybe get a stock pad to raise it?

Does my cheek even need to be on the stock for shooting with a red dot sight? It feels unnatural, but maybe I can adapt.

Thanks in advance.

A consistent cheekweld is imperative for any kind of optic or sighting device to work correctly

With red dots, you may be in the right ballpark with an inconsistent cheekweld, but don't expect it to be able to put the bullets in the same holes with it.

Howdy, and welcome to the club.

Just so you know....I deleted your other 2 posts you had about this same topic in the hd and 500 subforum. You only need to ask/post this once.....please do not triple post the same exact post on the boards here.

Thank you... :)

Back