• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Classes?

VetPsychWars

.22LR
Elite Member
I have taken numerous classes for home defense using pistol (I use M1911A1). There is a range "up the street" where they offer a shotgun familiarization class and then a home defense class.

Those two classes plus the ammo come to $300ish. I have some better use for that money.

I've shot a shotgun before, but I would spend some range time with this one. That costs a lot less.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tom

I would skip familiarization if you are familiar with a shotgun at all and jump right to a shotgun 1 class if one is offered. If the HD class is mostly talk, law and tactics I would skip it and opt for a class that will give you optimal range time, unless that is what you want. I'm all about range time!

How long are the classes?

Over by me it's an all day 8 hour training session shooting 300-500 rounds per day.

Runs $180 per class plus your ammo.

No way near shooting enough in those classes and the price per hour is a little high IMHO.

They have a lot of information in the videos. A lot of drills that you can do, and practice over and over again.

And the good thing about well made training videos, you can watch them a year from now to refresh and probably pick up something you missed the first time.

They're definitely worth the $7 asking price.

I think I have most of them. Shotgun, handgun, carbine and even aerial ops LOL. Every time I would see them on sale I picked them up. Good videos.

A guy that taught locally here got picked up by Magpul and was in one of them. The shogun video I think.

I need to watch them again, time for a refresher.

Back