• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

cleaning barrel

khaos827

.22LR
Hello all, last week I picked up 802 plinkster with sport grip for weekend plinking (obviously)

i tried to do an initial clean up before I hit the range and realized something odd....

as I pulled the bolt out to clean the barrel I noticed the bolt lock (or what ever that piece of metal is) is in the way and I can't drive my rod down the barrel. I ended up ran a shoelace to clean it ( don't have an 22 bore snake).

now I was wondering is this how 802 suppose to be or I pulled my bolt out incorrectly?

thanks in advance

I think that's your ejector. It stays put, and as you retract the bolt the empty case hits it and is flicked out the ejection port.

But I don't have a plinkster myself. I could be mistaken.

If a rod won't go from the breech to muzzle, go from muzzle to breech empty, then insert a patch and pull it backwards.

I just check on the manual caddmann shown and it's own manual came with the gun.... this sucker need to clean from muzzle... thanks for the help

That design definitely makes it hard to clean.

The 464 is similarly hard to dissassemble.

After reading the manual I do not think I will buy a plinkster.

Odd but I have no problems cleaning the barrel on my 802 from the breach side with the bolt removed, actually the manual even states to clean from the breach side. The like about points to a 702 manual not an 802 manual. I don't have a 702 but on the 802 I don't see an issue at all. It's quite easy to work the cleaning rod past the ejector into the breach.

I stripped the gun and cleaned just the barrel with a rod .
The obstructions were gone with trigger housing removed .

Back