• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Compatible ammo for the SA-20

I ended up getting the wife a 20 ga. Weatherby SA-08 . It's less then 5 1/2 lbs and supposed to have a lite kick ....she's super excited about tryinmg it out at her Skeet Club this week !

Hey Lefty– how'd the SA08 work out? I'm no expert, but I would be surprised if a lighter gun would recoil less than a heavier gun with a similar load. Does the SA08 use two different pistons like the SA459?
Is this hijacking a thread? I don't want to do that. Perhaps you could start a new thread comparing your Weatherby to the Thug?

Sneektip-

Wonderful to see your posts ! Yes, it has two different pistons , and fact is wife is going to shoot it first time tomorrow night at local Park Shoot. It had a youth stock that I cut down another 2 INCHES ! She is a teeny-tiny woman with a measured length of pull a mere 10 1/2 "' .
I put a grind to fit Limbsaver on and am holding my breath that she can tolerate the "kick" ........ I will let you know

This is an old thread, but I thought I'd add my experience to it. My SA-20 Turkey Thug will not cycle RIO buckshot. The RIO does not extract fully and stovepipes. It cycles perfectly and reliably using Federal Premium buckshot. I have never tried anything besides buckshot in it.

Back