• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Completed: Central PA shooting extravaganza

Itsricmo and myself are trying to get something together for next week 3/4-3/10. We are right now looking at Tuesday 3/5 but that could change if someone else would be available on another day. Weather will have an effect on these plans as well.

I will definitely be bringing my Ruger SR1911 as I'm eager to put some more rounds through it.
I also plan to bring my Mossberg 535 as well for shooting clays or whatever else.
I have other weaponry at my disposal depending on where we go and what we're shooting at.

We're not committed to a particular location as of yet, but we're both in the Johnsown area and we both know places to shoot. Other options that are close would be taken into consideration though.

Re: Central PA shooting extravaganza

WOO! I will be bringing a Savage 111 .243 Bolt Action and some 12 gauge shells of varying loads with a potential Benelli Nova Tactical. (I have a 1/2 lb of Tannerite I would like to dispose of :D )
I would like to also add that not just Mossberg Owners members are welcome... Spouses and Kids are more than welcome!! :D

BTT!!!

C'mon! There have to be more members in the Central PA Area then the 2 of us!!

I am still available Tuesday, just going to have to be after 3pm due to new work schedule.

sounds like fun, but too far for me...it did get me thinking though...i am a member of another site, a pa specific site which has a lot of central PA members... www.PAZRT.com. they like to get some shoot time in...

I think this was how the Barrow gang got started.

I have considered branching out to other sites, however, I don't know anyone at the other sites near as well as the group here at MO. It looks like, Rjp, my Fiance and I... lol Good Group right there! :D

Barrow Gang? lol

56865649.clyde.jpeg
:lol:

Maybe I shall do some research lol... I dress a little more casual so I don't stick out :D

It might be his great-great grandfather. :lol: Try picturing Clyde with an orange MO hat on.

LOL I love that hat! It is going to be my Groundhog hunting hat! Thank you very much ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• 647831.jpg
    647831.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 863

We've got a groundhog that's kind of a neighborhood mascot around here.

We call 'em woodchucks down here, but he hangs out around our sub-division sign and folks see him just about every morning on the way to work and on the way home after. He's a fat little sucker and looks at passing cars like he's pissed off and ready to file a noise complaint. He'd be an easy target for anyone with a .17hmr.

In a completely unrelated set of circumstances, I've been shopping for a Mossberg 817... :D

Tuesday still works for me, and ya after 3:00 works fine too. A friend of mine maybe going also. He has a new Taurus 1911 he wants to put some rounds through. I'm interested in seeing the quality of his Taurus pistol as I'm looking at getting a Taurus at some point.

Rjp, what do you think of Thursday? (50 degrees)

We have sold a couch we don't use anymore and there is a character showing up at my apartment at 730 Tuesday night... He is from Moxam... I am not leaving my Fiance home alone to that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:..... If not I am sure that her father or older brother could probably come over.

Ya Thursday would work for me as well. Probably better as a matter of fact, I'm ripping my truck apart tho afternoon and I'd have been rushing to get it all back together by tomorrow.

EXCELLENT! I am glad this will all work out! I will have my 500 built too by Thursday ;) I got 1/2 my order in today <3

That's awesome! My buddy is definitely good for Thursday as well so we should have a good time!

Sounds like 3 total then! My Fiance has to work Thursday but if you guys want some Meadows Custard (Extremely Discounted.. like free) we could stop by the one in J-town and pick some up! :D

Coney Island still sounds like a hell of a plan too >:)

I just wanted to let the general public know: This has been postponed until Saturday due to a foot of wet slushy snow. Time yet to be determined. So, if anyone is interested, and couldn't make it on a weekday, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!

Back