• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Coyote Hunting

Re: Coyote Hunting questions...

I can merge them if necessary, but I'll leave that up to the majority. I'm just tryin to have a little fun with the OP...

Aha....oops..carry on my wayward son.

Great, thanks rip! :x

That song's been stuck in my head all afternoon... :lol:

There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head, don't you cry no more ....

Danana nah nana nah nah nah, nah.

Sum of a itch...Now ya got me too !!

I hate that song... on a related note, I have another topic for NSFW now!

What should we merge cuz are talking about coyotes or camo? There's stuff her about scent block and cover too... I'm happy to do whatever!

Now that is a real hijacking- I'll be humming that one now! All those late 70's classic rock songs that we never bought- just heard on the radio...
I think that the camo goes with the coyote: it is obviously germaine to the issue. I just thought at the time that the topic moved off into a critique of the young'ans who feel they must try and buy every new fad that comes up. I actually found a ghillie suit on sale at the local army surplus store before I found the camo jacket for under $40. I can only believe there must be goose hunters with artillery pieces waiting out in the tall grass for B17's to come flying over. :lol: Thanks for the tip

i think coyote should have have it's own topic area, in the hunting section .and "camo talk" can have a section?
and maybe while we are talking about it, maybe also one for each of the other..boar/hog, turkey, waterfowl, and deer. (fox can go with the coyote area). i'm not too sure we all hunt bear to need an area for them...but if the shell fits. reload it.

Well, whatever we gotta do to make sure each question is answered without hijackin...

We do already have both coyote and camo, and like mentioned about the two bein intrinsically linked, we always talk about camo when hunting nearly anything is brought up.

Let me see if I can find and resurect the camo thread and go from there.

coyotes hunting

I got these string of pictures in an email today.
Not sure where they came from but thought I would show.

241.jpg

325.jpg

329.jpg

331.jpg

334.jpg

342.jpg

345.jpg

347.jpg

353.jpg

392.jpg

455.jpg

Re: coyotes hunting

I doubt you catch a scene like that on a trail cam very often.

Wow, that is an amazing trailcam catch.

crazy trail cam pix....

That's insane. I can't believe that was recorded. You'd think that the constant flashes of light would alarm them...

Chris111 said:
That's insane. I can't believe that was recorded. You'd think that the constant flashes of light would alarm them...

Hell no...once they got the taste for blood, and had their prey on the ropes...God himself couldn't help that buck.

They must have bee hungry too. That's a decent size buck compared to them. Brutal animals though.

That's why we have to kill those bastards on site. One of them tried to eat my sister in laws dog. In the driveway! They are getting extremely bold and even coming up to their house.

Dang, my hunting buddy and I have been thinking about coyote hunting but didn't really see the point. Even though coyote is a year round hunt here in SoCal, we just didn't really appreciate the thought of killing something that you weren't going to eat. They serve a purpose in keeping the rats and other low food chain varmits down too. But after seeing this video, it makes me think that maybe thinning them out in our deer hunting areas might not be such a bad idea. I can't say truthfully that I would be happy shooting an animal just because it is doing what is was meant to do in nature, but knowing that California considers them pest, maybe....

Paul

Back