• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CRKT

S

SHOOTER13

This thread has been started for everyone to share pictures of their Columbia River Knife & Tool blades...

So, let's see your favorite CRKT and share the specs and history behind it !! :cool:

I'm a CRKT afficianado...bought these two up in Seattle Washington back in '99 while on Govt TDY.

M16-12 by Kit Carson

CRKTM16-1-1.jpg

SPECS

Dimensions
Open Overall Length 7.375 inches
Closed Length 4.25 inches
Weight 3.6 ounces

Blade
Length 3 inches
Thickness 0.12 inches
Material AUS 4
Blade-HRC 55-57
Finish Bead-Blast
Grind Hollow
Style Tanto
Edge Plain

Handle
Material Zytel
Liner 420J2

Lock
Type Locking Liner
Safety System AutoLAWKS

Carry
Carry System 1 Position Clip

===============================================================

K.I.S.S. by Ed Halligan

CRKTSET2-1.jpg

SPECS

Dimensions
Open Overall Length 5.75 inches
Closed Length 3.5 inches
Weight 2.3 ounces

Blade
Length 2.25 inches
Thickness 0.12 inches
Material 420J2
Blade-HRC 51-53
Finish Bead-Blast
Grind Chisel-Point
Style Tanto

Handle
Material 420J2

Lock
Type Integral Frame Lock

Carry
Carry System 1 Position Clip

==================================================================

I really like the Stiff K.I.S.S. blades. Bought a few for a steal some years back. I never hike without it on my shoulder strap. I think CRKT makes some of the best bang for the buck steel out there. I'll post a pic this weekend.

Here's my only CRKT so far. A Kit Carson, M16-14D Big Dog "Operation Iraqi Freedom" edition.
·AUS-8 58-59Rc. stainless steel blade with tan corrosion resistant titanium nitride coating
·Combined Razor-Sharp Tanto and Triple-Point™ Serrated cutting edge
·CNC machined blade stop channel
·Desert tan 6061 T6 anodized aluminum handle
·Ambidextrous thumb stud
·Patented L.A.W.K.S.® locking mechanism
·Teflon bearings
·Teflon plated custom designed paddle style pocket/gear clip system
·3.9" blade
·5-3/8" closed - 9 1/4" opened.

002-31.jpg

005-20.jpg

I'll post up my two when I'm at my computer ...

ok..here they be...

7w3gel.jpg

Aez0Ll.jpg

^^ this is my edc at the moment...and my favorite so far...

5nYUMl.jpg

^^ this is my old edc, from way back in 95....

darnit man...i need a better camera.

yea i tried posting it from my phone but i guess the pics didnt show up

CRKT2.jpg

this lil guy has literally saved my life

i like the red color rob. very nice. looks used to the fullest extent!
please elaborate on how it has saved you life. ;)

Whats the best way to put this...i "disarmed" some scumbag who tried to shoot me and take my truck by force with hos buddy.

:shock: bam! and there it is...that's just crazy. is he still in jail? or did you bury him in little tiny pieces? ;)
thank dog you're ok..right. well you're still here. that's good....

I just anothe CRKT. It's the m12fd version. It's going to be an xmas gift for my good friend. He's a lieutenant in the local town fd. I need to get a pic or 2 of it here soon. I've been lookin for it for a while. I found a post on bladeforum that was 2years old and sent the an email askin if it was still available cuz the only post in the topic was the op. He said it was in his drawer collecting dust!! So $50 later it's now on my shelf waiting to get wrapped up.....
:)

This is the only one I have.

I recently won it during a giveaway on another forum. :cool:

DSCN9218.jpg

http://www.crkt.com/Lake111
Ron Lake been called "the father of the modern folding knife" and literally co-authored the book on them in 1988, How To Make Folding Knives. But while Ron is busy making stunning custom folders in his Eugene, Oregon, workshop, he is always thinking. In this case, we believe he has perfected the lockback folder.

The Lake 111™ Aluminum series are full-size knives which have 3.125" blades and measure 7.25" overall when opened. They are available with Razor-Sharp or Combined Razor-Sharp and Triple-Point™ Serrated edges. These models come with a custom stainless steel clip in a brushed finish.

Ron's breakthrough is his patented* Lock Back Safety (L.B.S.™) which allows the user to slide the small L.B.S. button forward to lock the blade both in the open and closed positions. When locked open, it is virtually impossible to accidentally release the blade even during vigorous cutting tasks. For those who are concerned about accidental opening, in-pocket or on-belt, simply slide the button forward to lock the knife closed until its next use.

The blade is a classic drop point with a flat grind for strength and a brushed finish. Blade steel is premium 8Cr14MoV stainless steel (equivalent to AUS . Dual Lake-style thumb studs give fast either-hand opening, and the lockback release allows easy one-hand closing.

The lockback design allows for a very flat build. The combination of traditional brass liners and lightweight aluminum scales results in a very rigid frame. For grip, the black anodized handle features a basketweave texture and a pronounced finger choil and pommel.

Over the years, others have tried to devise safeties for lockback folders, but Ron's is the most effective and sophisticated we have seen. He really has something to crow about.

Back