• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Crossbow mounted camera / 3D league

I like the videos Mike.

In following behind your example, several years ago I had made a camera holder from an old scope ring that I had used on some of my hunting rifles, so I moved it over to my youngest sons xbow this year. With any luck, we'll have some footage of him hunting that I can put on a DVD and cherish forever.

It's nothing fancy, but it works.

I'll have to play around with it some before season so I'll know if I need to use any magnification, and if I do, how much for the distance I am hoping to stay within.

lake picnic 017.JPG

lake picnic 014.JPG

That should work pretty good John. Noe sure if this helps but the ATN cam I have been playing with is a fixed 5x zoom, that might be a good place to start.

Roger that.

I also went into the camera settings and disabled the digital zoom settings.

That way I can't accidentally hold it down too long getting it pixelated.

Depending on how this does, I may look into the ATN more after the season is over. I'm using one of my old camera's, and thus, is not compact at all, but ultimately, will record long as we have time and can remember to turn it on when we see something coming in.

Back