• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CT bill to limit guns to 1 shot capacity

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
CT has a bill introduced to limit guns to 1 shot capacity. It is short and ugly. It does look like they left a little window open for gun clubs. I wonder if that would be like Britain where you must leave you gun at your club? Ignoring the stupidity of the 1 shot capacity, I find the gun club requirement to be biased against the poor and those who wouldn't have a club nearby. LTB45, what the heck is going on?

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-00122-R00-SB.htm

[i
General Assembly
Proposed Bill No. 122
January Session, 2013
LCO No. 543
Referred to Committee on JUDICIARY
Introduced by:
SEN. MEYER, 12th Dist.
AN ACT CONCERNING RESTRICTIONS ON GUN USE.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Assembly convened:

That the general statutes be amended to establish a class C felony offense, except for certain military and law enforcement personnel and certain gun clubs, for (1) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate, transport, possess or use any gun except one made to fire a single round, (2) any person to fire a gun containing more than a single round, (3) any person or organization to receive from another state, territory or country a gun made to fire multiple rounds, or (4) any person or organization to purchase, sell, donate or possess a magazine or clip capable of holding more than one round.

Statement of Purpose:
To reduce the use of guns for criminal purposes. [/i]

I saw that this morning on my friends FB page. Surely that can never be taken seriously.

Wow, I too would think there is no way this could go anywhere. I hope not.

I don't think it will go anywhere either. My biggest concern is wondering with all of the issues our nation faces, is this the best solution to fix a violence problem that this politician can come up with!? At some point as problems get worse this garbage bill may be looked upon as the best solution. It scares the crap out of me that the only solutions they seem to be able to arrive at is to punish law abiding citizens with loss of rights. FIX THE PROBLEMS OR GET OUT OF THE WAY FOR SOMEONE THAT CAN!

Note: I watched Mel Gibson in Patriots again so I'm a little fired up today.

What it seems is that the north and north east Blue states are trying to get some idiot law to stick in an effort to support a possible federal ban. If we, as a solid group of law abiding gun owners, can effectively FIGHT and WIN those local fights it will most definitely deter the federal reps from going full retard.

But we need ALL of us to participate be it emailing, writing, calling, and MARCHING.

Writing and Calling hold more weight so start there and march if you can. But please dont expect your neighbor to pull the weight. Everyone needs to pick up the rope and pull.

We all know this is horribly misguided, and stands a snowballs chance of culminating in a CT state law.

It was written as a proposed bill by one lonely State Senator (yeah, I know... ) but it didn't even get a co-sponsor in the State Senate.

So then it is sent to Committee where, without support from co-sponsors it has absolutely zeeeee-roh chance of leaving Committee and having it read on the floor.

I realize that nobody here has noticed, but I have largely recused myself from MOST of this political talk and discussion because I am a public servant and I just don't make public statments about issues such as this. I am not on Facebook. I don't Tweet.

But I watch and study, and I REALLY appreciate carbinemike and John A. and Rossignol and DHonovich and Shooter13 and ripjack and Water Monkey and Tim45 and all the others who are taking the fight to the enemy and carrying the colors across the battlefield.

NiteSite, we still love you and appreciate you! :D. I can understand your position.

Yep...I'll be marching in support of my and YOUR 2nd Amendment rights...

Thanx for everything you do as well Nitesite. Keep up the great work! :D

nitesite said:
We all know this is horribly misguided, and stands a snowballs chance of culminating in a CT state law.

It was written as a proposed bill by one lonely State Senator (yeah, I know... ) but it didn't even get a co-sponsor in the State Senate.

So then it is sent to Committee where, without support from co-sponsors it has absolutely zeeeee-roh chance of leaving Committee and having it read on the floor.

I realize that nobody here has noticed, but I have largely recused myself from MOST of this political talk and discussion because I am a public servant and I just don't make public statments about issues such as this. I am not on Facebook. I don't Tweet.

But I watch and study, and I REALLY appreciate carbinemike and John A. and Rossignol and DHonovich and Shooter13 and ripjack Tim45 and all the others who are taking the fight to the enemy and carrying the colors across the battlefield.

NY fist bump playa....

Back to writing letters

I did notice that you were quiet here since I liked your post about why most of this anti talk is headed nowhere but hadn't seen any since. I appreciate your nice words and your service to your community is appreciated. As things get uglier in the world, Law Enforcement are on the front lines trying to do what's right while probably being more and more handcuffed (no pun intended!) by politicians like this clown in CT. I have heard liberals in the NE excuse crime and blame it 100% on society. I pray LEO's are never called upon to violate their oath to uphold the Constitution although some already have. It's getting ugly out there. In Atlants they are now doing some regular patrols in armored SWAT cars.

Back