• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CT Gun Control Survey

Dysfunctional

.270 WIN
Important survey for southern Connecticut.
Please participate: http://blog.ctnews.com/connecticutposti ... un-survey/

Legislators want to see fine print on gun-control proposals

In southwestern Connecticut, where emotions are still raw from the Dec. 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, few lawmakers were willing to publicly oppose in advance any gun reforms likely to be introduced in the General Assembly. The one exception to that silence was a proposal to institute a tax on ammunition, which drew sharp opposition from both Democrats and Republicans.

About half of the lawmakers -- 27 in all -- declined to respond to the survey, with many saying they first want to see the gun control recommendations expected soon from a bipartisan legislative task force.

The survey questions were based on the potential public policy responses that have emerged in the debate after the Newtown shootings.

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Leg ... z2Mzb4iVXA

Voted...glad to see I am in the majority according to that pole...

I voted a lil while ago....and then just now from my phone....if they can do it...so can I.

The sad thing is that here in CT I do not think it will matter.

At a recent hearing one of the reps got into it with a pro-gunner and her response was in a nutshell 'We should not even give you a chance to express yourself because in the end we are going to vote the way we want to'. Now that is not an exact quote but it is pretty close.

When you have people like that 'representing the people' you are not in good hands.

'We should not even give you a chance to express yourself because in the end we are going to vote the way we want to'.

They are getting more brazen and finally saying what I think we knew all along.

This is what I have been thinking lately when I read this stuff. I'll take a cue here from Old Mossy.
images

images

What Im real tired of hearing here in CT is 'we have to do it for our children'. It really is a crazy excuse. Most people love kids, no one wants to see kids hurt, but if you are really trying to do something that makes kids safer gun control is not the answer.

You really can see that when proposals include more taxes on gun products and additional fees on registrations and permits...none of which would have anything to do with safety.

These loons also suggest new laws that are already on the books - they do not even know what is legal and what isnt.

Spot on Chris. All this has to do with is making money off us...the law abiding gun owners.

Voted.

Also, it infuriates me hearing that banning guns and magazines are for the children, because eventually those children they say they are doing this to protect, will grow up and be unable to protect theirselves and have their rights violated before they are old enough to truly exersize them.

I FIGHT LAWS LIKE THIS FOR THE CHILDREN and for THEIR future.

Voted. Numbers look good...hope they help but won't do much with politicians like the one mentioned above...

Also watched that police dash cam video...man, that was a bad wreck.

Back