• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cuomo rather get supplies from China than Remington

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
NY manufacturer, Remington, offered to make whatever supplies was necessary to do what they could to help in whatever way was necessary, from making personal protective gear, hospital beds, even ventilators for those most critically ill.

"Remington products have served in every U.S. military conflict for 200 years. And while the coronavirus is a new type of war, we're not sitting this one out...We'e standing by ready, willing, and able to support in any way we possibly can. It would be an honor for our company to donate space for the manufacture of mission-critical products, such as ventilators, hospital beds, or anything else deemed necessary,"

But NY governor preferred to outsource direct from china, flying in things that way.

More high praise from Coumo to the chinese here:
https://www.mom-at-arms.com/post/governor-cuomo-chooses-china-over-american-manufacturing

bcfa6c_218d24d654224102bb3fbf14254ba0fe~mv2.webp

Any word on whether Cuomo has responded in any way to Remington, or whether Remington reached out to him directly with their offer to help? (I read that they "wrote a letter.) 1000 ventilators today is a more immediate success than beginning to tool up a factory that could start building them in the future. Working both angles would be even better, imo. Take what you can now and then start building more. In general, I agree that Cuomo is a scumbag, but this is not necessarily a case of Remington's offer being refused in favor of Chinese support. That said, I'd love to see someone bring this up to Cuomo on camera and see what his answer is.

In my view the states and hospitals should be held accountable. How easy it is for them to point fingers when their mismanagement or lack of management come to haunt them.

Comrade Cumhole is trying to cover up not buying the ventilators when he had a chance pre CV. I hope he has been visiting his brother often, hugs and kisses--that sort of thing... ;)

I probably get spanked for this, but.. I know you want / prefer US made stuff, i understand what your thinking, but, how long would it take for Remington to make 1000 ventilators ? vs have them from China tomorrow ? Im just looking at the how-fast-can-we-get-help angle.
Personally i would use both supply trains.. get a 1000 from China tomorrow and get the rest from Remington this month. Hope you understand me right :)

Fellman, what you are saying makes perfectly good sense. However, it also stings when he goes to the country where this virus originated. Then there is also the fact he has squandered opportunities to purchase extras and chose not to do so.

Fortunately, Cuomo didn't need everything he got. I wonder what the bill will be for the hospital ship and portable hospital ?

China's idea of quality control is just to ship everything.
You can always return it. On a slow boat to China.
Riiiight....
Chinese products = US landfill.

Back