• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Current service turn around time

2litl2l8

Copper BB
I sent in a Mossberg 935 for a fix on the gas system. They are installing a new forearm retainer and a new sling swivel stud on the mag-tube. I was trying to find a turn around time on it with none to be found so I figured I would post the process.

02/10/13 Called Mossberg
02/11/13 Sent to Texas service center
02/14/13 Signed for at front desk
02/19/13 Called Mossberg for an update....was told it was not logged yet (3-5 days to log it in.)
02/25/13 Called Mossber again...gun is checked into their system as of 2/21...estimated 20 Business days to repair and return.
3/12/13 Service Complete...shipped back.
3/16/13 Delivered.

They replaced the whole gas system, the magazine cap and the trigger. They sent it back with a new blue box, owners manual, plug, and lock.
I will just add to this list rather then make new posts.

Nice!

I know you're glad to have it back in your hands. Have you had a chance to test fire yet?

While I am grateful that Mossberg did all that work for free...you would think that the technician that did the work would cycle a few dummy rounds through the action, in order to make sure it functioned correctly. I took it out yesterday to shoot it and it would not cycle. It would hold open after every round like the magazine tube was empty. I took it home and in looking at it I saw that the new trigger guard housing was about 2mm too long and it was interfering with the front/rear shell stop. I took the housing out and filed the piece down a bit and now it will cycle....taking it out to test fire again tomorrow.

Wow.

I really hate reading posts like this. It's bad enough that Mossberg allows firearms to leave the factory with issues, let alone leave their service center after repairs functioning anything less than 100%. Hope your adjustment did the trick...

Finally got out to shoot again....cycled perfectly. It will even cycle a 2 3/4inch 1 1/4oz round. Wont cycle the 1oz rounds but perhaps when I break in the new springs it will.

Back