• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Cycling problems

fella58

Copper BB
Hi there, im quite new to guns and had a question about a Mossberg I recenetly purchased used... ive used other shotguns before but im not sure if it was just because they were older guns, but they were always very easy to cycle.. With my mossy it seems that when I try to cycle it that it almost gets stuck in the rear most position, not quite stuck jus stubborn I guess you could say... I have oiled it well and it seems to have improved some... I have no knowledge of what would cause this problem, if it is a problem or does the gun just have to be broke in per say.... I have not put any shells through this gun yet hoping to this weekend... any help would be appreciated thanks

Have you noticed any uneven or unusual wear on the internals?

If not, it might just be a bit gunked up and could use a thorough cleaning...

i haven't really noticed anything unsual im going to try cleaning it up good.. but it almost feels like it is catching on something... would you know of any good sites that could explain the process of cleaning all the internal parts? I would rather not start taking things apart that I don't know yet how to put back together lol but if I read up on it, it could help..

Welcome to the forum from NY.
Here is a link to a video that will show you how to disassemble your shotgun.
Watch it a few times it's not that hard and if you have any problems there are plenty of good people here to help you.
Like LES said,try a good cleaning and look for any heavy ware.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26

keep us posted.

Also here's a great pic to help you ID the parts.

Attachments

• InternalsDiagram.jpg
    InternalsDiagram.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 179
well that was exactly what I was looking for.. thanks for the helps guys I wasn't sure if it was just because the gun only had a few rounds through it and it needed to be broken in or what... but after looking at this picture and watching the video it seems like the elevator is coming down to far and having a hard time going back.. thanks again for your help and your patience lol

Back